I Hate You, Jerk: Chapter 37

Alexis POV

I sighed. My hands fiddled with my cellphone. Today was the 25th, and ever since Chase had come to my house unannounced and told me about his plan of waiting at Bowing Park, I've done nothing but think about it. I'd just woken up and I was afraid of looking in the mirror. I was up all night and fell asleep for about half an hour before waking up once again. And every time my eyes snapped open, I thought about what he'd said.

He said he would wait till 6 o'clock. Would he really? Does he really love me?

I flopped back down onto my bed, sliding my phone up and down while cradling it on my chest. What should I do? Just leave him to wait?

But he did hurt you, Alexis.

But you love him.

But he hurt you!

Who the hell cares?

Just decide already!

I groaned, rolling around my bed like an idiot. A burst of laughter startled me."What in pickles name are you doing?" my sister stood at the foot of my bed laughing her head off. I glared at her.

"It's not funny." I said in a serious tone.

"I know, I shouldn't be laughing," I sighed at her attempt to be serious, which led to her into more fits of laughter, "Is there something wrong? I mean, why is a 24 year old rolling around in bed like a wet dog?"

I rolled my eyes. "I was just... thinking."

"About....."

No reply.

"Chase?"

I scowled, picking up a pillow and throwing it at her face. I watched as she picked it up from the floor laughing.

"I'm not in the mood, Monica." I sank back into my pillow.

"Fine, fine." she said, surrendering and throwing the pillow onto the floor. "What's wrong?"

"Um, nothing. Just-"

Ring, ring.

Saved by the phone.

"Hello?" Monica sighed and left the room.

"Hey, it's Eric."

"Oh, what's up?"

"Nothing, nothing." he mumbled. "How's your ankle?"

I unconsciously looked down my ankle. It was still a bit swollen, but I could walk properly now. I just try to avoid pressuring it. "Yeah, it's better. I mean, I can wiggle it around now."