23

Niall and his friends were sitting in their normal morning spot before school started. They weren't really talking about anything interesting, just small talk.

" I hope today goes by fast because I don't want to deal with it anymore." Liam says.

" I hear that. I have a test in history and I swear we haven't learned anything." Niall says.

Louis perks up in the conversation," Wait, did you guys hear what the theme is for the winter dance?"

" It was like ocean themed, wasn't it?" Zayn asks.

" Yeah! I could finally live my dream of being a mermaid!" Louis exclaims.

" You are aware that you don't actually dress up as ocean creatures right?" Liam says.

" Of course I know that. My attire will just be mermaid themed." Louis says.

" I'm not sure if I want to go to the winter dance." Niall says. His friends look at him weird.

" Why not? You have a boyfriend to go with." Liam says.

" And you get to dress like a fish!" Louis exclaims.

" I don't know, I've never been to one the last couple years and I think it's a waste of money. And besides we finally get to go to prom so I've been looking forward to that." Niall says.

" But fishes!" Louis exclaims.

Liam shakes his head," Ignore him. C'mon, you have to go. We're all going and Louis has a date!"

" It's not official so no I don't have a date." Louis says. Niall rolls his eyes.

" I'll have to think about it." Niall says.

" It won't be the same without you." Liam says.

As the group was talking, Harry walks around the corner and sits down next to Niall. Niall perks up and his friends look at Harry weird.

" Haz, what are you doing here?" Niall asks.

" What? I can't sit with my boyfriend?" Harry asks.

" I mean of course, but you haven't sat with me and my friends before." Niall says.

" How about I start now?" Harry asks.

" That works for me." Niall says.

" So Harry, how are you?" Louis asks.

" I'm doing good. Not really excited about being at school, but what else are ya gonna do?" Harry says.

" That's true." Niall says. The bell that starts the school day rings. The friend group let out groans. They stood up and gathered their backpacks.

" Have a good day at school." Niall says to Liam and Zayn.

" You too." They both said. Liam and Zayn walk in the opposite direction of Niall, Louis, and Harry. The three walk to Niall's and Harry's french class.

Once at the classroom, they all looked at each other.

" Ya ready for class?" Niall asks Louis.

" Nope! But I'll be fine." Louis says," Do you guys even know what's going on in your class?"

" Nope." Niall and Harry say at the same time. Louis lets out a laugh as the warning bell went off.

" Alright, I'll see you later Niall. Bye Harry." Louis says.

" Bye Louis." Niall and Harry say again. Louis walks off. Niall was about to walk into the classroom when Harry grabs a hold of his hand. Niall turns around and looks at Harry confused.

" Haz, we have to go to class." Niall says.

" Hold on. I want to ask you something before we go in." Harry says. Niall stands next to him.

" What's up?" Niall asks.

" So, you know how the winter dance is coming up?" Harry asks. Niall could sense where this was going.

" Yes, I am aware."

" Well, the dance also happens to land on my birthday, and I was wondering if you would like to go to it, as a birthday present to me." Harry asks.

Niall didn't really want to go to the dance, but it's for Harry's birthday, so he couldn't say no. And he gets to spend some more time with Harry. Niall thought that maybe this dance would be worth while.

" Yes, I'll go with you. I do anything for you." Niall says.

Harry smiles," Good. Lets get to class now."

The two walk into their classroom. They sit in their unassigned assigned seats. As Niall gathered his French stuff out, the bell to start the day rings. The French teacher stands up and starts to teach. Niall looked at Harry.

It was gonna be a long class.

~*~*~

" Guess who finally made a decision about the winter dance?" Niall asks Louis. They were standing by Niall's locker after first period, waiting to go to second period.

" You actually did? What made you change your mind all of a sudden?" Louis asks.

" Harry asked me before class. The dance is on his birthday so I don't want to upset him." Niall says.

" Then it's a good thing it's his birthday. We really thought you weren't gonna go." Louis says.

" It depended on Harry. If he wanted to go, I'll go. So I'm going." Niall says.

" Since it is Harry's birthday, are we gonna celebrate it?" Louis asks.

" Not sure. I'll ask him if he has any plans of celebrating it." Niall says. The warning bell rings. The two friends look at each other.

" Have a good class period." They day at the same time. They both let out little giggles and walked to their classrooms. Niall sat down in his assigned seat and waited for class to start.

He already had Harry on his mind.

***

Y'all.... I was not feeling this chapter at all.... I hate not being motivated at all.

Anyway, sad to say but there's only one chapter left of the story! I don't want to continue writing this story if it's gonna take me forever to update AND besides, I don't want to drag this story on. I have a good ending and I don't want to spoil this story with long writing.

I lowkey never expected to finish this story so the fact that I'm here is incredible. Thank you guys for everything.

Also I want to update the last chapter hopefully in the next 12 hours or so because it deals with Harry's birthday and ironically his birthday is soon. So happy birthday Harry Styles!

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to comment or private message me.

Thank you guys for reading. I love you all so much.

***