21

Niall was laying on his bed, scrolling through social media while his telly played a random show for some background noise. He was super bored.

It was winter break and he had no one to hang out with. Harry was off on vacation somewhere warm while Niall stayed in England freezing his arse off. Louis was working and Liam and Zayn were obviously hanging out together. Niall didn't want to be a third wheel and he didn't want to bother Louis at work.

Maura stands in the doorway. She clears her throat and Niall glances in her direction.

" What mum?" Niall asks.

" Do you plan on staying in bed this whole break?" Maura asks.

" Possibly. Depends if Louis is working or not. Which he is today." Niall says.

" What about Harry?" Maura asks.

" He's on vacation somewhere." Niall says.

" Well, sorry to hear that. Maybe you should look for a job?" Maura suggests.

" I'll think about it mum." Niall says.

" Oh, and just to let you know Greg and Theo will be coming sometime next week." Maura says.

" Got it mum." Niall says. Maura walks away, leaving Niall alone. Niall just scrolled through his phone, not really looking at anything. Man, was he super bored.

Niall looks at the time and sees that it's about 4:30ish. He decided it was snack time.

Niall stood up from his bed and walks out of his room. He walks downstairs to the kitchen. He opens the refrigerator and looks for something edible. Nothing caught his eye, so he let out a sigh and closes the refrigerator. Then he walked to the pantry and opened it up. Nothing caught his eye again. He lets out an upset sigh.

" Do we have nothing to eat in this house?" Niall calls out because he didn't know where his mum was.

" Don't start snacking Niall! Dinner will be ready soon!" Maura calls from downstairs.

" But I'm hungry!" Niall calls.

" No Niall!" Maura scolds. Niall lets out a loud sigh and walks back upstairs. He walks into his room and flops down on his bed. He really wanted something to snack on.

Or maybe he was just bored.

His phone starts ringing for FaceTime. He pulls his phone out and sees Harry wanting to FaceTime. He answers his phone and Harry appears on the screen. He looked like he just woke up.

" Hi Harry. Did you just wake up?" Niall asks.

" Yeah. Remember, different time zones?" Harry says.

" Oh shit, that's right. So what time is it by you?" Niall says.

" Like 7ish. Though I promise to call you before you went to bed so you're not sleepy when we talk. And talking to you before my day starts really puts me in a good mood." Harry says. Niall felt himself blushing.

" I mean, you're on vacation, you should be in a good mood anyway." Niall says.

" But you make my mood better than this dumb vacation." Harry says. Niall smiles, but didn't know what to say. So Harry continued," You know, I wish you came here with me."

" Really? I thought it was a family vacation." Niall says.

" Oh, it is a family vacation and my mum turned you down immediately. I really wish you were here though. Maybe you and I can come here ourselves." Harry says. Niall gives him an uneasy smile. Niall would love to go on vacation with Harry, but he doesn't have the money. Hell, he barely has money to go eat out with his friends.