9

Niall was sitting on the team bench watching his team play on the field. The game was becoming a nail biter. Right now, his school was losing by a couple points. And they were against their school rival, so losing against the school rival is not good. And this was the biggest turnout of the semester so losing would just bring shame to the school.

There was only two minutes left in the game. Niall wanted to be put in because he knew damn well he was gonna win this game for his school.

A time-out was called and Niall's coach looks at Niall.

" Horan, get out there and switch with Thomas." The coach says. Niall nods his head runs to the field. He heard people screaming in the stands, probably his best friends, but he couldn't focus on them. He has to focus on this game. Niall runs to Thomas.

" My turn." Niall says. Thomas nods his head and runs of the field. The captain looks at the team.

" Lets go boys!" He screams. The players run back to their positions. The referee blows the whistle and the game continues while the crowd was going crazy.

Now that Niall was in the game, the game intensified. He just wanted to do well.

There was a couple seconds left of the game when Niall received the ball. He ran close to the goal and preceded to make a goal, dodging the defense. The goalkeeper missed the ball and the ball goes into the net as the buzzer goes off.

The whole team runs to Niall and gives him a big hug. Niall laughed as the sweaty team members embraced each other. They left go and said farewell to the other team. They gathered their stuff and started to head to the locker room. The crowd started to disperse and leave the field.

As Niall was walking with his friends towards the locker room, he noticed Harry standing at entrance to the field looking at Niall. He was smiling and Niall had to control his smile. He couldn't show that he was that excited to see him.

Niall'a friends urged him to go talk to him. They actually shoved him in Harry's direction. Niall stumbles a bit, but recovers and walks up to Harry. His friends stand back and watch him interact with the boy he likes.

" Hi Harry." Niall says.

" Hi Ni. It was a really good game today. I'm glad you won for us." Harry says. Niall could feel himself blushing.

" Thanks. It was a whole lot of pressure though." Niall says. As the two were talking, people from the crowd would come up to the two and tell Niall congrats on the win. Niall would thank each one.

Niall looks back at Harry.

" So, do you have any plans after the game?" Niall asks. He started playing with the bottom of his jersey. He lowkey would love for Harry to invite him to hang out.

" Nah, I'm probably just gonna go drink with some friends. You should definitely hang out with us sometime." Harry says. Niall's eyes brighten. Harry lowkey asked him to hang out sometime.

" Just tell me a time and place and I'll come over." Niall says. Harry smiles.

" I would love that." Harry says," You know, I love watching you play football."

Before Niall could respond, the coach looks at Niall and his friends waiting.

" Boys, in the locker room now! Let's go! I want to go home!" The coach says. Niall looks at Harry.

" I'll see you later, Harry." Niall says.

" Bye Ni." Harry says. Niall walks back to the locker room with his football friends, leaving Harry behind. His football friends were going to talk about what just happened.