1

" I don't want to be here."

" Join the club."

Niall Horan, the average boy who plays soccer, was sitting with his friends Liam Payne and Louis Tomlinson in their special spot in the school. They're talking about how school sucks ass.

It was the first day of school, what do you expect?

" This is gross." Niall says.

" Tell me about it." Liam says.

" The only thing I'm looking forward to is having Louis in my math class this year." Niall says.

" Oh, I know! You're probably gonna keep me sane in that class." Louis says.

" We're gonna try and see each other throughout the day though, right?" Liam asks.

" Of course we are. Why wouldn't we?" Niall says.

" I don't know, I was just wondering. Our schedules are so different." Liam says.

" We'll make time to see each other." Louis says. The first bell of the school year rings. The three boys let out a tired sigh.

" I don't want to go." Niall complains.

" Me neither." Liam and Louis say at the same time. Niall stands up.

" But we have to." Niall says. Liam and Louis also stand up.

" I don't want to go to gym." Liam complains.

" Just go. It's not like you do anything important in gym the first couple days. Anyway, we'll see you later." Niall says.

" Bye Liam." Louis says.

" Bye guys." Liam says. Liam walks off in the opposite direction of Niall and Louis. The two walk towards Niall's first hour.

" I hate the first day of school. I hate seeing people I don't like in my classes." Niall says.

" I hear you." Louis says. The two get to Niall's first class of the day. Niall turns to Louis.

" Alright, I'm here and you should get to your class." Niall says. Louis rolls his eyes.

" Fine. Bye Niall." Louis says.

" Bye Louis." Niall says. Niall walks into his classroom and the desks were set up facing each other. There were fives rows of desk on both sides of the room. He recognizes a couple of kids already sitting down in the classroom. He nods his head.

He could do this.

Niall walks over to a girl he had a class before who was seating at a desk.

" Does it matter where we sit?" Niall asks. She shakes her head. Niall nods his head and goes to a desk near her. He sits down and looks down at his phone. He was going over his schedule for the day.

First hour: French. Second hour: English. Third hour: Photography class. Fourth hour: Lunch. Fifth hour: Gym. Sixth hour: History. Seventh hour: Math. Eighth hour: Physics.

Niall heard someone walk in and Niall couldn't believe his eyes.

The person walked in was Harry Styles. The person Niall has been obsessed with since last basketball season.

Niall watched him sit down in a desk next to another person in the class. Niall looks down at his hands.

Niall has to take this information in. He has a class with the guy he likes. He didn't know if he liked this or not.

The bell rings and the teacher walked to the front and started talking about herself, how the class will be ran, and what they're doing during the semester. Except Niall had no clue what the hell she was talking about. Her accent was so hard to understand. Niall let out a quiet sigh.

This is gonna be an interesting year, that's for sure.

~*~*~

" Hi Louis."

" How was French class?" Louis asks. Louis and Niall were standing in front of Niall's English classroom, which happens to be by his locker.

" You'll never guess who is in my French class." Niall says.

" Who?" Louis asks.

" You know Harry Styles?" Niall asks.

" Yeah, that guy you all of a sudden became obsessed with randomly in the middle of the year." Louis says.

" Well, he's in my class." Niall says. Louis breaks into a smile.

" You have to talk to him now! You can finally get to know each other and then date!" Louis says.

" You know how I am with talking with people, especially people I like." Niall says," And that's literally not how it goes." Louis rolls his eyes. The 2-minute bell warning started and Louis and Niall looked at each other.

" See you later." Niall says.

" You'll wait for me since we have class again near other, right?" Louis asks.

" Of course I will. I'm a great friend like that." Niall says.

" I beg to differ on that one." Louis says," Bye Niall."

" Bye Louis." Niall says. Niall walks into his English class and the teacher was giving assigned seats. The teacher looks at Niall.

" Wait, let me guess." The teacher says. She looks at her seating chart and then back at Niall.

" Niall?" She asks. Niall nods his head. She smiles.

" Nice to meet you. You sit in the front row, third desk." She says.

" Thanks." Niall says and walks to the desk he was assigned to. He's gonna see how this goes because he hates sitting in the front row. There's just something about the front row he hates about it.

Niall sat at his desk and looked around the classroom. He noticed some students he could recognize, but a lot of students looked like they were in the grade below him. Well, that's interesting.

The teacher finishes meeting everyone and giving everyone their assigned seats. Once everyone was situated, she started to talk about herself and how the semester will go.

You know, the basic first day of school talk. It gets boring after a short period of time.

So Niall zoned out and thought about Harry Styles in his first hour. If Niall ever wanted to date this boy, Niall needed to learn how to talk to him. Which is gonna have to take some time because Niall can't talk to people for the life of him.

At this point of the day, Niall was hoping of just getting through the school year. It was only second hour of the first day and Niall wanted the school year to end already.

***

Hi guys! I hope you liked the first chapter of this story. Sorry it's kinda bad, I didn't know how else to start it. I hope you enjoyed it though.

I wanted to make the chapter longer, but I was out of ideas.

I hope you guys stick around for the rest of the story. It'll get interesting eventually, I promise.

Thank you for taking a chance to read this new story. It means a lot to me. I hope you enjoyed it enough to vote for it. Thank you.

***