12

Niall was standing at his locker, shoving his coat and football bag into it. His locker was a bit messy, but he didn't care. It was only messy because his friends use his locker and not their own.

Anyway, after a couple minutes of struggling, Niall finally got his football bag into his locker. He let out a sigh and grabbed the stuff he needed for the day. He shoved his stuff into his backpack. He closes his locker and was about to walk away when Harry walks up to him.

Niall was surprised Harry is talking to him before school.

" Hi Ni." Harry says.

" Hey Harry. What's up?" Niall asks, trying to play it cool, hoping Harry didn't see him struggle with his bag.

" Nothing much. Are you upset football season is over?" Harry asks.

" Football season is never over. You gotta always practice no matter the time of year." Niall says. Harry lets out a giggle.

" I guess it's the same for basketball too then." Harry says.

" Oh, that's right! Basketball starts today!" Niall says.

Harry nods his head," Yep."

" Are you excited for the season?" Niall asks.

" Yeah. I'm hoping I get plenty time on the court." Harry says. Harry's phone buzzes. He looks at it and lets out a frown. He looks back at Niall.

" I hate to go, but I gotta go. I'll see you in French." Harry says," Bye Ni." He walks away.

And as Harry walked away, Niall couldn't help but stare at Harry's long legs and his ass. Man, did Niall enjoy this man.

Then an idea popped into his head. He had to tell his friends immediately.

He quickly walks to his friends spot in the morning. Everybody was there when he got there. He sits down in his assigned spot next to Louis.

" What took you so long?" Liam asks.

" The one and only, Harry was talking to me." Niall says.

" No way." Louis says.

Niall nods his head," Yes! And I came up with a good idea where I don't have to refer him to his actual name so people won't have to catch on."

" What do you mean?" Zayn asks. Louis slapped his face in realization, knowing what's coming next.

" We assign Harry a nickname so we can talk about him without him knowing we're talking about him. It's like Morse code." Liam explains. Zayn nods his head.

" What do you want to call him?" Louis asks, already sensing where this is going.

" So you know how I had that phase where I called everyone daddy?" Niall asks.

" Yes, but I don't want to remember it." Louis says. Niall rolls his eyes.

" Anyway. And you guys know how Harry is really tall and he's got long legs?" Niall says. The three friends got the nickname immediately. And they did not like it.

" No." The three say at the same time.

" Yes! His nickname could be daddy long legs! It's perfect!" Niall exclaims. His friends shake their heads.

" I am not referring Harry as daddy long legs. That's super weird." Liam says.

" Well I am, so get used to it." Niall says.

" Niall, you're super weird." Louis says.

" You're the ones who are friends with me." Niall points out. The three friends roll their eyes.

The first bell of the day rings. The group lets out a groan, but say heir goodbyes. Niall and Louis start to walk to Niall's French class.

" Louis, be honest. Is the nickname daddy long legs stupid?" Niall asks.

" It's just interesting. Like, it's definitely gonna be some getting used to." Louis says. Niall nods his head. The two make it to the spot they talk at. They just make small talk.

Niall notices Harry walk down the hall. He takes deep breaths and looks at Louis.

" Don't look now, but daddy long legs is coming." Niall says. Louis starts laughing.

" Okay, I actually love this nickname." Louis says. Niall just shakes his head at his best friend. Harry walks up to the two of them.

" Hi Ni. Hi Louis." Harry says.

" Hi Harry." Niall and Louis say at the same time. They both give each other a dirty look. Harry lets out a laugh.

" I'll see you inside Ni." Harry says and walks away. Niall continues to shake his head at Louis.

" We gotta stop speaking at the same time." Niall says.

" Agreed." Louis says. The second bell rings, so Louis and Niall day their goodbyes. Louis walks away while Niall walks into his classroom. He walks and sits in his spot.

The bell to start class rings. So, the teacher tried her best to start teaching. And Niall tried his best to learn something, but it was difficult.

~*~*~

" So, you plan on calling him daddy long legs?" Josh asks.

" Yeah! I mean, I think it's perfect for him." Niall says.

Josh laughs," You're really weird Niall."

Niall rolls his eyes. The two football buddies were jogging the indoor track. Since football season was almost over, this was their last practice and they basically were just working out. So Niall and Josh decided on jogging.

As the two were jogging, the basketball team came into the field house and started to play on the courts. Niall immediately started to look for Harry. He found him and found that Harry was already staring at him. They had a stare down until Niall waved. Harry waved back. Josh looked at who Niall was waving to.

" Was he staring at you?" Josh asks.

" Yeah, he does this all the time. It's kinda weird, but it's Harry so I'm okay with it." Niall says. Josh looked back at Harry.

" Holy shit, he does have long legs! Okay, maybe the nickname is good for him then." Josh says. Niall lets out a laugh.

" See?" Niall laughs.

And with that, the two buddies continue to jog around the track and finish off with practice. As they were jogging Niall had a feeling that Harry was staring at them. And he was right because Josh told Niall that Harry was staring at Niall any chance he could get.

Niall smiled at that. Maybe Harry did like him.

He would just have to wait and find out.

***

Hello!!

I realized that I named this story Daddy Long Legs, but never used that title in the story yet. So that's where this chapter came from. Granted this loosely based off my life from high school, but I did call the guy I like daddy long legs. I was weird in high school.

Also, I'm starting to gather my things up for college because I'm going back soon. Granted it's all online, so I'm going to try my best to keep updating. I want to finish this story.

Anyway, I don't think I have anything else to say. If you have any comments, feel free to comment them!

Thank you all for reading. I love you.

***