twenty-seven

╔═══════════════════╗

"𝙄'𝙑𝙀 𝙂𝙊𝙏 𝙔𝙊𝙐."

╚═══════════════════╝

𝐅𝐀𝐂𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐊 𝐆𝐑𝐄𝐘 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐓𝐇, 𝐌𝐎𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐄 𝐂𝐋𝐔𝐓𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐃 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐃 𝐈𝐍 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐒. To say the last twenty four hours had been a nightmare would certainly be an understatement. Not only was her family life hanging in the balance, but she'd also lost her two best friends and ended up in isolation for the millionth time. Slumping back in her chair, she let out a heavy sigh.

"Still ignoring me, then?" Cory, who happened to be sat only two booths away, asked dryly.

"Oh don't flatter yourself." Mollie said quietly, rolling her eyes. "I'm not ignoring you, I just don't have owt to say to you."

Despite her sharp tone, Cory persisted. "Mol, you have every right to be angry at me. But, please, just hear me out."

He looked over at his sister with a look of desperation and, for the first time that day, she slowly looked back at him. Her expression remained blank but she raised her eyebrows slightly, giving him a silent signal to show she was willing to listen.

Swallowing nervously, Cory's lip quivered slightly.

"I-" He began, but was pulled away from his thoughts by the sound of the door opening.

"Mr Mohammed." Mr Bell said with a smile as he entered to replace the teacher on duty. As he held the door open, his eyes wandered around the room and he felt a frown form on his face as he noticed the only two students in the room.

"Not you two, as well." He said disapprovingly as he walked over to them. "You know, I've just dragged your kid off Mr Simpson. He's refused to get in the shower after P.E."

Mollie remained seated, while Cory started to pack up his things and rose from his seat. "Sir, just go easy on him, would you?"

"Go easy on him?" The teacher repeated incredulously. "Cory, are you mad? He's just nearly throttled a teacher. I mean, what is going on? If your dad weren't raging yesterday, he's gonna be now-"

"You don't think he were mad enough, do ya?" Cory cut off the teacher with a scoff, causing Mollie to look at him with wide eyes.

"What?" Mr Bell furrowed his eyebrows, looking between the two siblings.

Mollie shook her head at Cory, but he simply ignored her and looked back at Mr Bell. "'Cause he were. He was so mad that...he gave our Jordan a proper kickin'. Why else d'ya think he wouldn't get in the shower?"