twenty

╔═══════════════════╗

"𝙄 𝙏𝙃𝙄𝙉𝙆 𝙒𝙀'𝙍𝙀 𝘿𝙊𝙉𝙀 𝙃𝙀𝙍𝙀."

╚═══════════════════╝

𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐀 𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐘 𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐎𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐃𝐄𝐅𝐄𝐀𝐓 𝐀𝐆𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐓 𝐒𝐓 𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐊𝐒, the students of Ackley Bridge stayed in pretty high spirits and many were happy when Chloe Voyle announced that she was having a party that night. While Nas and Missy politely (or in Missy's case, not so politely) declined the invitation, Mollie didn't find herself quite so lucky as she was pestered by both of her brothers and Riz to go along. So, as she finished applying her make up in the mirror of Chloe's bathroom, Mollie took a deep breath in the hopes that she wouldn't regret saying yes to coming along.

She made her way back to the kitchen, which was somewhat of a mess already. Bottles and cups littered the surfaces, and there were already several spillages of what Mollie could only hope was cider.

"Do you reckon Miss Keane has any idea about all of this?" Mollie asked as she approached Cory and Riz, who were both leaning against one of the counters with a can of cider in hand.

"I know she's pretty laid back, but I don't think even she would agree to this." Riz chuckled.

"Maybe not, but what Miss Keane don't know won't hurt her." Cory smirked with a shrug before taking another swig of his cider. "Plus, check out her alcohol collection."

Following where Cory was pointing, Mollie and Riz looked over to where Chloe was pulling out a plethora of spirit bottles from one of the cupboards.

"Holy shit, they've got more bottles than a bloody off-license." Mollie remarked with wide eyes, watching as Chloe began to mix some of the different drinks together in a glass. "Um, Chloe, you might wanna slow down a bit with those spirits."

"It's fine, drinks are on Miss Keane tonight!" Chloe waved her hand as if to dismiss Mollie's concern, her speech already slurred.

"I think what Mollie means is that it might not be the best idea to mix all them spirits together." Riz added with a grimace.

"Oh come on, I'm not a complete idiot. I'm adding a mixer." Chloe giggled as she poured in a splash of lemonade. "Plus, you only get one sixteenth birthday!"

"Alright." Mollie smiled unconvincingly before turning away from the younger girl who was now waving her arms sloppily in the air. "When she gets sick everywhere tonight, she can't say we didn't warn her."

✰ ✰ ✰

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐋𝐔𝐁 𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐍𝐓𝐎𝐖𝐍 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐃𝐈𝐂𝐓𝐀𝐁𝐋𝐘 𝐏𝐀𝐂𝐊𝐄𝐃 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐀 𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓. Neon lights flashed through the sea of bodies on the dance floor as they moved along to the loud, pulsing beat of whatever party playlist the DJ had put on.

Mollie surveyed the dance floor with her eyes from where she was sitting at a table, observing the bodies that moved with a drunken euphoria. Coming to the conclusion that she was nowhere near drunk enough yet to have a good time, she turned to Cory and Riz who were also sitting down.

"Anyone up for doing some shots?" She asked, watching as matching grimaces immediately appeared on both of the boy's faces. "Oh, come on. It'll be fun! More fun than sitting on our arses and doing nothing."