thirty-seven

╔═══════════════════╗

"𝙄 𝙎𝙃𝙊𝙐𝙇𝘿'𝙑𝙀 𝙆𝙉𝙊𝙒𝙉.
𝙄 𝙎𝙃𝙊𝙐𝙇𝘿'𝙑𝙀 𝙁𝙐𝘾𝙆𝙄𝙉𝙂 𝙆𝙉𝙊𝙒𝙉."

╚═══════════════════╝

"𝐂𝐎𝐑𝐘? 𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐃𝐎𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊?" Mollie swallowed nervously as she eyed the boy that had just entered the living room. Her eyes were wide with panic and she was at a loss for words, unable to process anything other than how, in that moment, she was well and truly screwed.

Cory stood firm with his fists balled and his jaw clenched. As she met his eyes, Mollie knew one thing for sure and that was that if looks could kill, they were absolutely doomed.

"My house, ain't it?" He responded with hostility, a sneer creeping onto his face. "Or do you not think about anyone else when you wanna call him over for a quick fuck-"

"Cory, it's not like that." Mollie looked away, unable to meet his eyes.

"Oh really? 'Cause that's exactly what it fucking looks like." He gestured towards them with a shake of his head. "How long has this been going on?"

Neither Mollie or Riz could look at him, let alone give him an answer. His voice became more stern, if that was even possible, as he took a step closer. "I said how long?"

Finally raising her head, Mollie chewed down on her lip and met his eyes. "About a month."

"I should've known. I should've fucking known." Cory raised his voice, a cold chuckle escaping his lips as he shook his head incredulously.

"Mate, you need to calm down." Riz warned, noticing the growing aggression in Cory's demeanour.

"Mate?" Cory repeated the word, sarcasm dripping from his voice as he turned his attention to Riz. "Some mate you are, getting with my sister behind my back. I knew you were desperate, but I didn't think you'd stoop that low and do this to your own 'mate'."

Mollie furrowed her eyebrows. "Cory, don't."

"Like you're any better." He spat. "You deserve each other."

"Stop. You're being out of order." Mollie finally snapped and raised her voice, sick of the hurtful comments he was throwing at them.

"No." Cory shook his head firmly, his eyes filled with a fusion of anger and hurt as his gaze shifted between them. "What's out of order is you two sneaking around and not even having the heart to tell me."

"Just hear us out. Please?" Mollie pleaded. Her voice was filled with desperation, and Riz had to fight the urge to reach out for her hand, knowing it would only make the situation worse.

"Forget it. I'm going." Cory snapped, heading towards the door before turning back to them with a glare just before he left. "But just remember one thing. When he breaks your heart, which he will, don't come crying to me. I won't be there to help you pick up the pieces when it all comes crashing down."

And with that he stalked out of the room without another word or glance, leaving them with nothing but a deafening silence and a whole host of regrets

✰ ✰ ✰

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐄𝐗𝐓 𝐅𝐄𝐖 𝐃𝐀𝐘𝐒 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐀𝐆𝐎𝐍𝐈𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐋𝐘 𝐒𝐋𝐎𝐖 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐌𝐎𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐄, who was desperate to talk to Cory after their fight. He hadn't returned home and instead opted to stay at Naveed's house for a few days, and he'd dodged every single call or text that Mollie had left him.