eleven

╔═══════════════════╗

"𝙈𝙔 𝘽𝙊𝙔𝙁𝙍𝙄𝙀𝙉𝘿'𝙎 𝘼 𝙈𝙐𝙍𝙂𝘼𝙏𝙍𝙊𝙔𝘿, 

𝙂𝙀𝙏 𝙈𝙀 𝙊𝙐𝙏 𝙊𝙁 𝙃𝙀𝙍𝙀!"

╚═══════════════════╝

𝐌𝐎𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐄 𝐋𝐄𝐓 𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐀 𝐆𝐑𝐎𝐀𝐍 𝐀𝐒 𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐀𝐓 𝐔𝐏 𝐈𝐍 𝐀 𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐋𝐘 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐈𝐀𝐑 𝐁𝐄𝐃, the loud beat of the club music last night still pulsing through her mind. After rubbing her eyes, she looked around to identify the scruffy room as belonging to her boyfriend, much like the oversized hoodie that she was wearing. She sighed, the self-inflicted hangover pain making her feel very sorry for herself.

"My head is killing me."

"Here." A voice said as Mollie's dark haired boyfriend walked into the bedroom with a glass of water and a plate which he handed over to her before taking a box of tablets out of the pocket of his jogging bottoms. "Paracetamol to help with the pain, and Warbutons white toast with a shit tonne of butter because it's the cure to any hangover."

"You bought Warbutons especially for me?" She asked softly, pretty taken aback at the thoughtful gesture before remembering their little dispute in the car. Just because she was hungover, it didn't mean she'd forgotten. "You must really be trying to get on my good side, then."

"I ain't trying to get on your good side, Mol, I just know it's your favorite. You don't have to be so negative all the time." He said, rolling his eyes slightly at her sour tone. Sighing, his face softened. "God, I'm sorry. We should talk."

"Yeah, we should." Mollie replied bluntly, lifting her gaze from the slice of toast to give him a hard stare. "Maybe you could start with why you lied to me?"

"I told ya last night, I didn't lie to ya. I said I was staying home to watch the footie, and I did. I just invited a few mates over, but I didn't exactly think I'd have to run that by you like you're my mum or something."

"The guy nearly beat up my little brother, Kieran. I don't think it's unreasonable for me to be angry about that." She rolled her eyes and shook her head incredulously.

"Well Jordan did knock up his sister, to be fair." Kieran muttered, causing Mollie to let out a scoff. Realising he'd definitely said the wrong thing, he took a deep breath and looked her in the eyes. "You're right, i should've told you. The truth is that Reece is my mate, always has been. The Murgatroyds were like a second family to me growing up, but after everything with Jordan and the baby, I freaked out. I didn't wanna lose you by telling you the truth, but I didn't wanna lie to you either."

"So you thought that keeping it as some big secret was better? And that I'd never find out?" She raised her eyebrows at him, but instead of responding he simply looked down in guilt. That was enough of an answer for her. "Wow. Great foundation for a relationship, that is."