seven

╔═══════════════════╗

"𝙄 𝙈𝙄𝙎𝙎𝙀𝘿 𝙆𝙄𝙎𝙎𝙄𝙉𝙂 𝙔𝙊𝙐."

╚═══════════════════╝.

"𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐃𝐎 𝐁𝐀𝐁𝐈𝐄𝐒 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 𝐄𝐀𝐓 𝐀𝐍𝐘𝐖𝐀𝐘?" Jordan paced into the living room with a huff, slumping down onto the sofa.

"Milk, you div." Mollie rolled her eyes at the boys obliviousness as she sat on the floor and bounced the baby in her arms. It felt weird to think she was an auntie, but she loved kids and certainly had a soft spot for this blue-eyed baby.

"Like, semi-skimmed?"

Scoffing, Mollie balanced Jamie with one arm while using the other to pick up a pillow and throw it in Jordan's direction. "No, they make this special baby milk formula. I've sent Kieran to the shop to get some, don't worry."

"Really? Thanks, Mol." He said quietly, causing his sister to smile gently at him."I mean it. I don't know what I would've done without you and Kieran today."

"S'alright." She replied with a soft shrug and a smile, looking down at Jamie in her arms. "I mean, it was a lot to comprehend at first, don't get me wrong. But, i can't deny that he's pretty cute."

"Yeah, I guess he is." Jordan muttered, the corners of his mouth twitching upwards ever so slightly into what could only loosely be described as a smile. But as he watched the baby for a moment, his smile faltered and his face dropped. "They ruin your life though, don't they? Kids, I mean. Dad says it all the time."

"He doesn't mean it." Mollie shot back, although she didn't quite believe her own words. And by the scoff that's came from Jordan's mouth, it seemed he didn't believe it either. "Dad loves us, he just struggles sometimes. He's had to raise us all on his own since mum left, it's not easy."

"I know, I just don't wanna be like that with Jamie. I don't wanna mess his life up."

"And you won't, Jord. But first you have to stop running away from it all." She said with a sincere tone, hoping to get through to him. "And that starts with talking to Candace."

"I will. We're meeting up later, actually."

"That's good." Mollie smiled gently. "What time?"

"In about an hour." Jordan muttered, playing with his hands nervously, but was taken aback by the sound of a sudden knock at the door. Raising his eyebrows in surprise, he stood up from the sofa and began walking into the hall. "Shit, maybe that's her."

Mollie took a deep breath in an attempt to compose herself. There was no telling how this conversation would go, but she had a pretty bad feeling about it. But that feeling only grew worse when she heard the voice of the person behind the door.

"Jordan, why did you leave school early today?" Was that...Mr Bell?

"Shit." Mollie muttered, before remembering she was still holding Jamie. "I shouldn't swear around a baby. Shit, sorry Jamie. Shit, I did it again."