sixteen

╔═══════════════════╗
"𝙒𝙃𝘼𝙏? 𝙄 𝙃𝙀𝘼𝙍𝘿 𝙈𝙍𝙎
𝙋𝘼𝙍𝘼𝘾𝙃𝘼 𝙎𝘼𝙔 𝙄𝙏 𝙊𝙉𝘾𝙀!"
╚═══════════════════╝

"𝐒𝐎, 𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓'𝐑𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐆𝐎𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐎 𝐃𝐎 𝐀𝐁𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐌𝐔𝐌? Do you know where she is?" Mollie asked, passing Missy a cup of tea before slumping down on the sofa beside her. Since Hayley had been taken into care, Missy was living alone so Mollie offered to stay over sometimes and keep her company.

Missy's face hardened at the mention of her mum and she took a deep breath. "There's no way she'll help me get Hayley back. She's a lost cause."

"People are only lost when you stop looking." Mollie replied with a confident tone, causing Missy to look at her in confusion. "What? I heard Mrs Paracha say it once. She's right, you know."

"I dunno, they've gotta want to be found first though, haven't they?" The blonde girl sad with a sad tone, sipping her mug of tea pensively.

"She loves you, you know. She loves you girls a lot."

"Got a funny way of showing it." Missy rolled her eyes, her voice full of sarcasm as she ran her fingers across the warm China of the mug. "Look, I'd love for mum to help me get Hayley back, but I'm not expecting the world. She's let us down before, I'm just trying to be realistic."

Mollie couldn't help but feel for the girl and shuffled closer to her on the sofa before throwing an arm around her lovingly. But before she could say anything, the two girls were given a fright when the front door opened and Nas walked in with tears in her eyes.

"I told her. I told mum I'm a lesbian."

✰ ✰ ✰

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋𝐒 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐂𝐔𝐑𝐋𝐄𝐃 𝐔𝐏 𝐎𝐍 𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐒𝐘'𝐒 𝐁𝐄𝐃, with Nas sandwiched between her two best friends as she explained what had happened.

"What's a tie bar mean when it's at home?" Missy asked in confusion.

"Not a toe bar. Its tawbah." Nas replied, her voice muffled from the fluffy fuchsia dressing gown that she'd borrowed from Missy. "It means God forgive."

"Nowt to forgive." Mollie said softly, running her fingers through Nas' hair comfortingly. "You ain't dome anything, Nas."

"Maybe I should just go away. I feel like I'm making everyone unhappy." Nas' voice began to break as tears spilled from her eyes. The two girls either side of her pulled her even closer, if that was even possible.

"Don't be silly, Nasreen." Missy shook her head. "You haven't made anyone unhappy."

"You didn't see my mum. She couldn't even look at me."

"She's just in shock. But you're her daughter, and she'll always love you." Mollie said softly.

"Mollie's right." Missy hummed in agreement, before letting go of Nas and sitting up. "Look, I tell you what we're gonna do. Mollie's gonna go make us some tea, I'm gonna go find us some face masks and we're gonna watch the cheesiest, clingiest film we can possibly find to cheer you up. Alright?"

Missy held her hand out for Nas to take, although she seemed reluctant. But after taking a deep breath, she nodded lightly. "Yeah, alright."

✰ ✰ ✰

"𝐏𝐎𝐎𝐑 𝐍𝐀𝐒." Mollie sighed as she spread butter across her piece of toast the next morning. "She's spent so long hiding who she really is. I just hate how she feels like it was all for nothing."

"It's pretty crap." Missy nodded, pushing her cereal around in the bowl thoughtfully. "I've got an idea though."

"Oh yeah?" Mollie said with a mouthful of toast, raising an eyebrow at the blonde.

"When Nas is dome getting ready for school, you go with her. I'm gonna fake being sick, say we had a dodgy takeaway curry yesterday for dinner. Then when you guys are gone I'm gonna go round and try to talk some sense into Mrs Paracha."

"You reckon you could talk her round?"

"I've have no idea, but it's worth a shot." Missy shrugged hopefully. "Plus, if there's one thing I'm sure of, it's that Kaneez Paracha loves them three kids more than anything. Doesn't matter if they're lesbian, straight, vegan. They're her world."

"You're right." Mollie nodded. "You got this, babe."

"Hell yeah, I do. I'm Missy Booth, I've got the bloody gift of the gab."

✰ ✰ ✰

getting closer to the end of season one and I'm so excited !!!!
I bloody love season 2 so much, it's the best season imo
also maybe with lockdown 2 I can try and keep updating regularly, but no promises
love <3