seventeen

╔═══════════════════╗
"𝙔𝙊𝙐 𝘿𝙊𝙉'𝙏 𝙎𝙀𝙀 𝙈𝘼𝙉𝙔
𝙋𝘼𝙆𝙄𝙎𝙏𝘼𝙉𝙄 𝙇𝘼𝘿𝙎 𝙄𝘾𝙀 𝙎𝙆𝘼𝙏𝙄𝙉𝙂,
𝘿𝙊 𝙔𝙊𝙐?"
╚═══════════════════╝.

"𝐈𝐂𝐄 𝐒𝐊𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆?" Mollie repeated Mrs Paracha's words, looking at her in confusion.

"Yeah, you know what that is, don't you? You wear them special shoes and walk around on ice. I saw a YouTube video about it, looked like so much fun." The woman nodded a little too enthusiastically. She didn't exactly seem like the type of person to enjoy ice skating, but Mollie figured that it didn't matter. Mrs Paracha had forgiven and accepted Nas for who she really was, and she was clearly trying to show her love for her daughter by offering to take the three girls out.

Mollie shrugged. "Yeah, alright then. Thanks, Mrs P."

✰ ✰ ✰

"𝐍𝐀𝐒, 𝐖𝐇𝐎'𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐅𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐀 𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐎 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐌𝐔𝐌?" Missy came to a halt on the ice, pointing over towards a boy who looked like he was around their age and was grasping Mrs Paracha's arms. "I didn't know she was into younger men."

"Missy!" Nas squealed in disgust, hitting Missy on the arm.

"I love his jacket. Not many lads can pull of pastel pink, but he looks great." Mollie shrugged.

"Sometimes I wonder why I'm friends with you two." Nas chuckled, looking between her best friends. "Seriously though, who is he?"

"Toy boy." Missy nodded confidently.

"Gross." Nas turned her nose up in disgust.

"Well, they're coming over now so I guess we'll find out." Mollie raised her eyebrows, nodding towards the two that were approaching them.

"I made a friend." Mrs Paracha grinned as she gestured towards the boy, who flashed the three girls an awkward smile. "Meet Naveed."

"I believe this is your mother." He chuckled.

"You're good at this, love." Kaneez smiled, causing Naveed's cheeks to heat up slightly.

"I've done a bit." He shrugged.

"Oh, I've seen you skating on the Youtube." Kaneez cooed, causing Mollie to narrow her eyes at the woman. She was up to something.

"I do wish I could skate better." Nas chuckled.

"Practice." Naveed suggested, although it seemed that Mrs Paracha had other ideas. "Give her a lesson!"

"Mum!" Nas groaned.

"No, I don't mind." Naveed shrugged with a polite smile.

"Missy, Mollie, I'll buy you girls a slushie." Kaneez suggested, nodding to the exit of the rink.

Missy and Mollie exchanged a look of amusement, both thinking the same thing. They smirked at Nas, who looked somewhere between confused, mortified and embarrassed.

"Have fun, Nasreen."

✰ ✰ ✰

𝐌𝐎𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐒𝐘 𝐖𝐀𝐓𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐃 𝐈𝐍 𝐀𝐌𝐔𝐒𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐀𝐒 𝐍𝐀𝐃 𝐂𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐃 𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐎 𝐍𝐀𝐕𝐄𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐘 𝐒𝐊𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐃. Taking a loud slurp on her slushie, Missy turned to face Kaneez and smirked. "Funny how we should all turn up here tonight at the same time."

"He's good, isn't he?" The woman nodded.

"Oh, aye." Missy agreed. "He's great."

"Got a right...flair for it, he has." Mollie smirked.

Kaneez nodded and gave them a knowing look. "You don't see many Pakistani lads ice skating, do you?"

Missy and Mollie began to giggle. "You conniving old so-and-so!"

"It's like you said to me, Missy. Life chuck a lot of things at you. But sometimes it chucks the right bloody thing at you."

"She's wise, ain't she?" Mollie smiled proudly, nudging Missy's side.

"I really am." She replied with a flip of her hair. "Eh, na?"

"Eh, na." Kaneez replied, causing the three to break out into a fit of laughter. They'd all been through a lot, but in that moment, they couldn't be happier.

✰ ✰ ✰

sorry, short chapter lol
but NAVEED is here!!! i love him <3