nine

╔═══════════════════╗

"𝗔 𝗚𝗔𝗬 𝗖𝗟𝗨𝗕?"

╚═══════════════════╝.

"𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐓𝐎 𝐁𝐄 𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑-𝐃𝐑𝐀𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐂, 𝐁𝐔𝐓 𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄 𝐀𝐂𝐓𝐔𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘 𝐒𝐔𝐂𝐊𝐒." Nas groaned, slumping down into the chair across from Missy and Mollie in the canteen. "Me dad wants me to marry some guy in Pakistan who wears loafers unironically. But little does he know, I'm actually a lesbian, and I'm in love with me teacher who wouldn't come near me if I was on fire."

Instead of trying to comfort her in the way that most people would, the two girls exchanged a smirk before looking back at Nas with grins.

"You know what you need?" Missy beamed, poking the girl's nose playfully.

"Don't say chocolate." She rolled her eyes.

"Nope. A rebound date." Mollie corrected, clapping her hands excitedly.

"You need a new girlfriend. You know, to help you get over Lila." Missy explained further.

"Right, because my life isn't complicated enough already." Nas muttered, her voice dripping with sarcasm as she rolled her eyes. "Guys, my dad wants me to have an arranged marriage. And as much as I don't want to, I hate him not being there and the thought of him being on his own. I don't wanna upset him anymore than he already is."

"What are you saying?" Missy furrowed her eyebrows.

"I can't date girls. Not Lila. Not anyone." She shook her head with an expression of sad acceptance.

"But how are you gonna be happy if you can't be yourself?" Missy pleaded with the girl, causing Nas to shake her head.

"You don't get it, do you? Girls like me can't be themselves, ever." She let out one last sigh before pushing herself up from the table and walking out of the canteen.

Mollie tried to call after her, biting her lip as she wondered whether to chase after her. But when she felt Missy's hand on her arm, she sat back down and turned towards the Booth girl.

"I feel so bad for her, Miss."

"I do too, Mol. But I think I might know something to cheer her up."

Mollie raised her eyebrows expectantly at the blonde girl. She recognized the expression on her face- it was her crazy idea face, and Mollie couldn't tell whether to grow excited or nervous. There was no telling with Missy.

A grin growing on her face, Missy turned her phone screen around so that Mollie could see. It was a colorful website advertising the new gay club that had recently opened in Leeds. Mollie raised her eyes in disbelief, trying to gauge if Missy was being serious or not.

"A gay club? That's not really Nas's thing, is it?"

"More her thing than marrying some fella." Missy retorted. "Look, Mol, I know Nas better than she knows herself. She needs this, alright?"