fourty-four

╔═══════════════════╗

"𝙔𝙊𝙐 '𝘿 𝘽𝙀 𝘼 𝙋𝙍𝙊𝙋𝙀𝙍 𝘿𝙄𝙇𝙁!"

╚═══════════════════╝

"𝐈 𝐃𝐎𝐍'𝐓 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖 𝐖𝐇𝐘 𝐈 𝐃𝐈𝐃 𝐈𝐓. I mean, I had the pill in my hand and I was gonna take it. Then I just didn't...I don't know why." Missy sighed as she sat back on the run-down soda that poked out of the skip on the road, her best friends squeezed either side of her.

After giving up school, she'd spent her first day of freedom alone with only her thoughts, and ultimately she knew she had to tell them the truth. One SOS text in the group chat was all it took, and the three girls gathered in their usual spot where they'd spent endless hours and had many a personal conversation.

"You mean you didn't have any reason? At all?" Mollie frowned as she tried to wrap her head around it, but Missy simply shook her head and shrugged.

"It's just your education and-" Nas began, letting out a strained sigh.

"But I've had an education. You're on about exams, and I'd fail them anyway. I'm not like you two. I was never gonna go to university, or get a high-powered job, or change the bloody world." Missy shrugged with a slight chuckle, before a more hopeful tone took over her voice. "This is all the world I need right here. Me, Aaron, the baby."

"Have you told him what you did?" Nas asked, despite deep down feeling as though she already knew the answer.

Missy sighed, shaking her head slightly before looking between the two girls next to her. "Promise me you won't tell him?"

"Missy-" Mollie's voice was hesitant.

"Look, I'll think about telling him." Missy snapped, before her tone became softer. "It's just that he's dead chuffed. Said if it's a lad, he wants to call it Frodo. I think he did the Hobbit at school or something."

"Frodo? Baby Frodo?" An amused expression took over Nas' face, but knowing her brother in the way that she did meant that she wasn't at all surprised.

"He already knows my opinion on that." Mollie raised her eyebrows, just as unimpressed as she was the first time around.

"Don't pretend that your suggestion was any better." Missy fired back with a laugh.

Mollie gasped in offence, clutching her chest dramatically. But this, of course, only caused the other two girls to burst out into hearty laughter that echoed down the street in that quiet afternoon.

✰ ✰ ✰

"𝐃𝐔𝐍𝐍𝐎 𝐖𝐇𝐘 𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 𝐖𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐒 𝐀 𝐁𝐀𝐁𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐁𝐀𝐃. I mean, yeah, they're cute for a bit but then you've got to deal with the sick and the poo. And the crying." Riz groaned. "I swear that's all my baby cousin seems to do. Drives me up the bloody wall."

An amused smile crept onto Mollie's face as she looked over the bench at her boyfriend, who was wearing a deep grimace on his face. "Tell you what, you give it the big one but I reckon you'd love to be a dad."

"You think so?" Riz scoffed.

"Definitely. You'd go all mushy." Mollie nodded, before a smirk crept onto her lips and she lowered her voice. "You'd be a proper dilf, and all."