fourty-two

╔═══════════════════╗

"𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙋𝙔 𝘽𝙄𝙍𝙏𝙃𝘿𝘼𝙔 𝙏𝙊 𝙈𝙀,
𝙀𝙃?"

╚═══════════════════╝

"𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐏𝐘 𝐁𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐇𝐃𝐀𝐘, 𝐌𝐎𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐄!" Missy and Nas squealed in harmony as they rushed over to their brunette friend who had just passed the school gates. As they got to her, they immediately enveloped her in a group hug and squealed even more excitedly, earning a few strange looks from the students around them.

Due to the fact that Kevin was still in hospital and Jordan was in foster care, it was only Mollie and Cory at home, which meant that their birthday wasn't quite the happy occasion that it normally was. But now, stood sandwiched between her two best friends in a tight hug, she couldn't stop herself from smiling.

"Thanks, girls." She grinned as they pulled away from the hug, before Missy quickly delved into her bag. Pulling out a package from her bag that was wrapped in bright pink wrapping paper and copious amounts of sellotape, the blonde was practically bursting with excitement as she thrust it towards a surprised looking Mollie.

"Open it, then!"

"It's from both of us, by the way." Nas clarified, due to the fact that the wrapping practically screamed Missy Booth.

Mollie smiled sheepishly for a moment before eagerly ripping open the wrapping paper and pulling out the present inside, which she quickly saw was a glittering red mini dress.

"It's beautiful, I love it!" She smiled, holding it up against her body for a moment before pulling the two girls back in for a hug of gratitude. "Thank you."

"That's not even the best part!" Nas smiled, nudging Missy to tell her the rest.

"Oh right, yeah! Nas and I got ourselves matching ones, so we'll be able to wear them tonight."

"That's so cute! We'll look like Ackley's newest girl band or something." Mollie laughed excitedly at the image in her head. "By the way, are you sure it's okay for us to have our party at yours, Miss?"

"Yeah, of course it's okay. If there's one thing us Booths know how to do, its how to throw a party!" Missy replied theatrically. "Aaron's got his decks out, and I'm gonna dig out all of that decor from our engagement party. Its gonna look amazing, trust me!"

"Can't wait! Thank you, Miss. Plus, Stew said he's happy to supply some booze for us free of charge as long as no one dobs him in. Guess there's some perks of having an uncle who runs an offie." Mollie smirked, though in reality it took quite a lot of persuading due to her uncle's reluctance to supply alcohol to underage kids. But Mollie assured him no one would find out, and not to mention pulled the ever-so-classic 'favourite (and only) niece card' to win him over.

The three girls continued to chatter away excitedly about the party as they walked into school, but as her two friends made their way to the hub, Mollie broke away to grab something from her locker.

As she looked in her locker, she was taken by complete surprise by a sudden hand on her waist that spun her around, before a beautiful bunch of flowers was pushed towards her face. Of course she had a sneaking suspicion as to who it was, but that was only confirmed when she looked above the flowers to see Riz with a sheepish smile on his face.

"Happy Birthday, beautiful." He said to her, leaning down to place a kiss on her forehead.

Grinning, she took the flowers with one hand and wrapped the other around his neck. "Thank you, Riz. They're beautiful." She smiled, reaching up to peck his lips sweetly.