fourty-five

╔═══════════════════╗

"𝙄𝙏 𝙈𝘼𝙆𝙀𝙎 𝙔𝙊𝙐 𝙃𝙐𝙈𝘼𝙉 𝙏𝙊 

𝙁𝙀𝙀𝙇 𝙇𝙄𝙆𝙀 𝙏𝙃𝘼𝙏."

╚═══════════════════╝

"𝐃𝐈𝐃 𝐈 𝐃𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐓 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓? Telling Aaron, I mean." Nas asked, a strained sigh leaving her mouth as she looked at Mollie from across the kitchen island.

After revealing the truth to her brother, Nas had spent the night feeling completely torn up inside. He left shortly after to talk to Missy about it all, and since then the two girls hadn't heard anything from either of them. It worried them beyond measure, and so Mollie had agreed to stay over with Nas that night with the plan being that they would speak to Missy in the light of day. They didn't expect it to be an easy conversation at all, but it needed to happen.

Mollie slowly traced the edge of her mug in thoughts, before shrugging softly. "Dunno. I'm not entirely sure what the right thing to do in a situation like this would be. But the main thing is that at least he knows the truth now."

"Yeah. Yeah, you're right." Nas nodded, running a hand through her hair as she realised she was going round in the same circle that she'd been all that night. "I just don't want Missy to hate us."

"I don't either, but we need to talk to her sooner rather than later." Mollie noted, bringing the mug up to her lips before drinking the rest of tea inside it and allowing the comforting taste to wash over her tongue.

"I know." Nas sighed, before glancing up at the kitchen clock. "Anyway, come on. We'd better go or we'll be late."

The two girls made for the door, linking arms as they walked. The air was crisp as they stepped outside, with the early morning glow of the sun bringing about a slight warmth. As they walked through the small garden, Nas stopped in her tracks on the patio as she spotted a blonde messy bun poking over the fence.

With wide eyes, she looked towards Mollie who silently gestured for her to take a deep breath. Figuring there was no time like the present, Mollie gently pulled Nas towards the fence, where they both climbed up on a small ledge below so that they could see over. There, stood in her bright pink dressing gown with an unusually calm demeanour, Missy silently pinned up washing on the line that hung across the small square of concrete.

Clearing her throat suddenly, Nas shut her eyes as if it would ease the tension that she could feel. "Don't be mad, but I did have to tell him."

"I know." Missy responded calmly.

While Nas and Mollie shared a hesitant glance, the door sounded shut as Aaron emerged from the house in his work gear. The dark bruise from the fight was still evident on his face, and his eyes held signs of a sleepless night. But despite that, he flashed a friendly smile at the two girls peeking over the fence.

"Y'alright? Morning." He made his way over to Missy, and leaned down to give her a short peck on the lips. "Alright, I'm off. I'll see you later."

Nas waited until he had disappeared, a look of complete bewilderment on her face as it seemed you'd be forgiven for thinking that the events of the previous night hadn't even happened. Everything seemed weirdly...normal.