four

╔═══════════════════╗

"𝙄'𝙈 𝙂𝙇𝘼𝘿 𝙔𝙊𝙐 𝙏𝙃𝙄𝙉𝙆 𝙄 𝙃𝘼𝙑𝙀 

𝘼 𝙉𝙄𝘾𝙀 𝙉𝙊𝙎𝙀."

╚═══════════════════╝

"𝐂𝐎𝐑𝐘, 𝐃𝐎 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐖𝐀𝐍𝐓 𝐀 𝐂𝐔𝐏 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐄𝐀?" Mollie yelled from the kitchen whilst buttering a slice of toast for herself. She heard some sort of grunt that she assumed was just him agreeing and began to set up the mugs when a knock sounded at the door.

"Who the hell is coming to our door at half seven in the morning?" Cory shouted from upstairs, confusion in his tone.

"Dunno. But wouldn't it be great if there was a way of finding out?" Mollie's voice dripped with sarcasm as she shouted back up to him and walked through the cluttered hallway towards the front door. Opening it up, she was filled with shock at the sight of her PE teacher on the doorstep. "Mr Bell? What you doing here?"

"Mrs Carter, she's asked me to fetch Jordan. Just to, uh...make sure he's alright, you know. Keep an eye out in case there's any trouble." He informed the girl with an unconvincing smile.

"Sorry sir, he's already gone." She told him plainly, just as confused to her younger brother's whereabouts as he was.

He sighed but gave her another polite smile before heading back to his car. "Alright, cheers Mollie."

She closed the door behind her, shaking her head in confusion as Cory came down the stairs and followed her to the kitchen. "Was that Mr Bell? What the hell did he want?"

"He wanted to know where our kid was, said Mrs Carter sent him."

"Weird." Cory muttered while fiddling with his tie. "Speaking of Jordan, has he said anything to you about that bruise by his eye? Unless he got elbowed by a Year 7 like you did, I have no idea how he got it."

"Firstly you need to shut up about that or I'll break your nose." Mollie fired at him, since he'd been teasing her relentlessly for it. Luckily, the purple bruising had died down and it wasn't anything that she couldn't fix with a bit of concealer. "But no. Jordan hasn't said a single word to me."

"Me neither. I just wish he'd talk to us sometimes. Let us know what's going on in that head of his." Cory admitted with a sad tone and his sister hummed in agreement. After a moment of thoughtful silence between them, Cory let out a frustrated sigh and threw his tie at Mollie. "I'm useless at this. Will you do it for me?"

"Only if you promise to stop making fun of me for getting elbowed by a Year 7?" She reasoned with him, pointing at him accusingly.

Smirking, he held his hands up in defense. "Fine, I promise. Only because I'm the best brother in the world."