three

╔═══════════════════╗

"𝙇𝙀𝙏 𝙈𝙀 𝙂𝙐𝙀𝙎𝙎, 

𝙔𝙊𝙐 𝙇𝙀𝘼𝙍𝙉𝙀𝘿 𝙏𝙃𝘼𝙏 

𝙁𝙍𝙊𝙈 𝙃𝙊𝙇𝘽𝙔 𝘾𝙄𝙏𝙔?"

╚═══════════════════╝.

𝐌𝐎𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐄 𝐈𝐆𝐍𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐑𝐀𝐖𝐋 𝐎𝐅 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐀𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐑, instead sitting with her eyes glued to her phone under the desk as she texted Missy. Her mum had returned the previous night in a very bad state, and had turned up at school in the morning, only to be pushed away by Nas and slagged off by all of her friends.

In her anger, Missy had sent her about a million texts, which made it very difficult to concentrate on the lesson that she was meant to be participating in. But as a very familiar voice spoke up over the tannoy, it seemed Missy's messages were the least of Mollie's worries.

"Hello Ackley!"

Her eyes snapped up at the sound, making eye contact with Cory across the room. There was no mistaking that was Jordan.

"What do we all think of Ackley Bridge College, then? Are we going to roll over? 'Yes sir, no sir, thank you sir?' They think they can keep us quiet with a lick of paint and some crap about learning to live together."

What the hell was he doing?

"We all know that Ackley Bridge is nothing but a left-for-dead town with food banks, smackheads and pram faces."

The whole class was now staring at either Mollie or Cory, and it was getting pretty uncomfortable. The older Wilson rose out of his chair, grabbing his blazer and backpack and glared at them all as he passed. "What you all looking at?"

Mollie got up too, slipping on her own blazer before rushing out of the room after him. "Cory!"

"It doesn't matter if you're white or Asian. There's no jobs for us, we're all going nowhere. We, were the immigrants, the benefit scrounges. If you're white, you're racist. And if you're Asian, you don't belong."

"God's sake, what is he doing?" Cory paced the corridor. "Dad had enough trouble with him after he made that stupid sign yesterday. I mean, it's not even been a week and he's gonna get kicked out."

Mollie ran a hand over her face in frustration and let out a groan. "He is such an idiot! But there's no way dad can find out, not if we can help it. Right, Cory?"

He didn't reply, but his eyes pleaded with her. Lying to their dad could land both of the twins in trouble if he ever found out, but if not then it would definitely save Jordan from some of his wrath. Either way, it was a pretty bad situation.

"Right, Cory?" She repeated herself.

Sighing, he finally came around and nodded at her reluctantly. "Yeah, fine. I won't tell him."