eight

╔═══════════════════╗

"𝙒𝙀𝙇𝙇 𝙔𝙊𝙐, 𝙈𝙔 𝙁𝙍𝙄𝙀𝙉𝘿, 

𝙃𝘼𝙑𝙀 𝘾𝙊𝙈𝙀 𝙏𝙊 𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙍𝙄𝙂𝙃𝙏 𝙈𝘼𝙉."

╚═══════════════════╝.

𝐀 𝐅𝐄𝐖 𝐃𝐀𝐘𝐒 𝐏𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 𝐀𝐓 𝐀𝐂𝐊𝐋𝐄𝐘 𝐁𝐑𝐈𝐃𝐆𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐆𝐄 𝐒𝐄𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐎 𝐁𝐄 𝐈𝐌𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐆, 𝐒𝐋𝐎𝐖𝐋𝐘 𝐁𝐔𝐓 𝐒𝐔𝐑𝐄𝐋𝐘. The two schools were beginning to integrate properly, with no more fights taking place and the two communities staring to come together. Things were looking up.

But for Cory Wilson, he had an entirely different idea of integration in mind. Smirking, he took his phone out of his pocket to see a new text message from Alya Nawaz. After convincing Riz to give him her number, the two had been messaging non-stop for a few days now, much to the pleasure of the Wilson boy's ego.

Alya😍
what do you say to some1 you really liked?

As he read the message, his cocky expression intensified and he snuck a glance to the next table across where she was sat. But to his confusion, she was engaged in a conversation with her friends and her phone was nowhere to be seen. He furrowed his eyebrows and turned back around, just in time to see Riz enter the cafeteria while slipping his phone into his pocket.

Weird...it couldn't be, could it? There was no way. Had he been messaging Riz all along instead of Alya? Did he just get catfished...by Riz?

He felt his jaw clench at the very thought, but he knew he needed to be sure. Looking back down to his phone, he typed out a reply.

Cory⚽️
depends on what they want...

And sure enough, he got his answer. Once the message was sent, Riz pulled out his phone while trying to look inconspicuous, but only failed miserably. Meanwhile, Alya didn't even bat an eyelid.

Cory's nostrils flared in anger. He was right. It was Riz all along, and boy was he going to pay for it.

✰ ✰ ✰

"𝐈'𝐌 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐆𝐀𝐘." Riz muttered to Cory as soon as Miss Shariff was out of ear shot.

After discovering he'd been messaging Riz instead of Alya, Cory started a fight with the Nawaz boy that ended in them both having to sign up to the Rugby team as their punishment. Convinced that Riz fancied him, Cory shot him a look of disbelief.

"Sure. That's why you gave me your own number instead of your sister's."

"I never give anyone my sister's number."

"Why didn't you just say that then?"

"Because." Riz answered simply, too embarrassed to reveal the real reason.