𝖔𝖓𝖊 𝖒𝖔𝖓𝖙𝖍𝖘 𝖑𝖊𝖋𝖙

Everything was slowing; the results of your efforts were coming to a stalemate, no matter what you did. It was disheartening to say the least.

Pick up the pace, brat. You've got five kilometers left.

Your arms, your legs, they just couldn't do more. It was so disappointing and infuriating! You had to do more, you had to try even harder. Plus ultra, right?

You can do more push-ups than that. You did forty yesterday, what's five more?

Was this my best? Are you at your limit already, this simply isn't enough. You're letting everyone down, Rei-san, Endeavor, your mom! Hell! You're letting myself down. How could you even meet the eyes of Gang Orca like this? You're suppose to get strong, be strong. What is this?

Just attack me, already. We've been sparring for weeks, your combat has to get better. Quickly, try again now.

You can't do this.

L/N, why did you stop? You haven't landed a hit on me yet.

I'm s-sorry.

What-

I'm not good enough, I'll never make it. I'm not cut out to be a hero, I should've listened. I can't even beat you in a spar! How will I make it as a Pro Hero? I'm pathetic and weak, a-and I'm sorry for wasting your time, E-Endeavor.

I don't care if you give up on yourself.

I-

But, don't think for one second that I've given up on you yet. At first when I read Rei's letter, I read how much potential she saw in you. Rei believes in you. I didn't see it at first, I'll admit. I was only training you because Rei said that if I did that would be the first step to start patching up our relationship.

Oh, I understand-

However! I saw what she did in you. The fire behind your eyes, but you're dimming it. For what? You don't feel good enough, you feel like you'll never get better than this. You're done, you're finished, you're burned out. 

well, yes.

Idiotic. I'll tell you first hand that it's stupid to allow into your heart. And you will regret it. That emotion is powerful, turn that to your advantage. You think nobody else has felt like you. All Pros have felt like you before...Even Gang Orca, probably.

r-really?

Yes. Now, get your sorry self up. We've got some combating training to do.

Okay, yeah, you're right.

Of course, I am.

Thank you, Enji-sensei. I didn't know you could be so good at pep-talks.

Shut up, crummy little rascal.

You wipe some stray tears with the back of your arm and look up at Enji-sensei, who had a scowl (though if you squint you would've seen the corners of his eyes soften slightly). You smile at him and he gives you a nod, with a sigh you get back to continue sparring with him. Realizing that perhaps you are improving, slowly, little by little. Although it can be difficult to value in the moment, you need those lots of little building blocks to stack a tower. And with that tower you'll step on the top and see all the people who doubted you become tiny like ants. You'd bask in the irony of it, laughing in their faces that you wouldn't even recognize from that height. It's a childhood dream you'd see into fruition, cross your heart and hope to die.

What was that sweetie?

I said, don't worry, mom! 'Cause I'll be the coolest hero ever! Like Gang Orca level cool.

That's great, Y/N. That's great, I believe it.