𝖙𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊 𝖉𝖆𝖞𝖘 𝖑𝖊𝖋𝖙

L/N! If you can't beat me in a spar, how will you become a Pro?

But, like do I have to? My goal is just to pass the exam Enji-sensei, which is in three days. Could Shoto beat you in a spar?

No.

Well, why do I-

Did you aim to just be enough, or be the best? Because if you just want to be some side kick, you're ready to pass. Leave then.

Sensei-

Go on.

You didn't move. It was sudden and the harshness of his tone should've made you comply with what he said, but it didn't. Anyone would've left the room out of fear or anxiety (or just to leave the room because of him), but you didn't. It was weird really, because you knew you would pass the exam at your current status. Your quirk control was on par with the rest of your class, so was your strength and intelligence, so you could leave. You'd have a whole year to become Pro Hero worthy and you'd doubt that you'd become a mere side kick. But, you didn't leave. It seems your ambition was too greedy.

I can't.

Why not? Since it seems you no longer want to continue our training.

No, I do! I want to be the greatest hero, and I know now that I can do it! Besides, that would be very uncool of me to give up now, after everything you and Rei-san have done for me. I'm ready to achieve what I want!

So, that was that. You sparred for another couple of hours and you did it. You knocked the Number #1 Hero off his feet, it was a sly move, you just kicked his neck the right way. It almost felt anti-climatic, but in a good way. You knew you could do, he knew you could do it, and then you did. It was almost like your body was on auto-pilot, relying on your tediously built muscle memory. You also felt that way when you walked back to your dorm to rest, making yourself give little hums as you face-timed with your mom. You were in some kind of limbo because of your ultimate goal being achieved. You literally knocked the Number #1 Hero off his feet (even though it was only once and it was unlikely you would be able to pull of that move again). It was like a blank space in your world, but then again it was a good blank space. Of course, all blank spaces must be filled eventually, since your life hasn't finished yet. This concept you found to be true, the day of your provisional license exam. You had another goal to reach and you now had everything you needed to get it. Plus, you thought it would be funny to invite Enji-sensei to watch, he said no, but you knew that actually meant a yes.