𝟏𝟎𝟎𝐊 𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐀𝐋─❯❯

You hang your legs off the edge of the building, relishing in the evening breeze as it pushes back your hair and cape. The sunset is always more beautiful on rooftops, especially in Tokyo. Today was long for you but rewarding. There were no major injuries to the citizens you saved and every villain you caught was smoothly arrested. An average day for Japan's Number One Hero. You had to go back home soon, make dinner for the kids, and put the to bed. But you're glad you took this peaceful breather for yourself. The world is always more beautiful in silence. But as long as there is life, silence is unachievable. And that's beautiful too.

"I didn't know the Number One heroes were allowed to be tired."

You didn't need to turn around to recognize who spoke. He sits down next to you, facing the opposite direction. His back is to the view and his feet are firmly planted on the roof's concrete.

"Not tired, just resting. I didn't know wanted criminals were allowed to meet heroes on rooftops."

"The smart ones do."

You glance at him; his head is tilted back as he runs a hand through his snow-white hair. He's smirking. Forever amused his mouth is. He meets your gaze, piercing you gently with the brightness of his eyes. They're teal or maybe turquoise: you could never come up with the right name to describe the color of Dabi's eyes.

"You're staring, Number One."

You snap back from your thoughts, cheeks burning. You quickly turn back to the sunset, resting your head on Dabi's shoulder.

"I notice when you stare at me too, you know. I'm just kind enough not to point it out to you."

"You're right about that. Are you still riding dear old dad's coattails?"

He takes a sharp intake of breath. He tenses, mentioning Enji-sensei's name. You didn't need to look at him to know the face he was making: one that can't hide his true feelings of disgust and distaste. You don't move from his shoulder, and he doesn't push you off.

"Whether I am or not isn't something I think about. I couldn't care less either way. I just want to help everyone be okay."

He relaxes at your answer, breathing steadily. He lets his head rest on top of yours.

"I wish you were a hero back when I was a kid."

His statement is so plain and simple, yet it holds too many emotions to unpack. After a moment, Dabi gets stands. You crane your neck to see his outstretched hand in front of you. The ends of his lips curve upward. It's a smile that holds no mischief or amusement, just softness.

"Let's dance."

You take his hand meekly confused by his proposal. He pulls you into him, placing one hand on your waist and the other clasping your hand. You complete the form, laying your free hand on his shoulder.

"Dabi, how will we dance? There's no music."

"Does there need to be?"

You open your mouth to argue, but can't formulate a response.

"Just follow my lead and dance with me."

You do as he says, waltzing across the rooftop. Dabi's movements are naturally fluid, almost like he was born to dance with you here. You begin to get into it as well, laughing softly as he twirls and dips you. At that moment, there is just you and Dabi. The two people dancing are not a hero and villain or a couple to romanticize. The feeling surrounding you both is purer, more potent than love: it's care. Two souls intertwined to care for one another. Forevermore.

wow never thought we'd get here! thanks so much for all the support for this passion project. i really love this dynamic where dabi and y/n are in love, but not in a typical way. i think society has a very commercial view on love and i dont like how limited it is!!

but back to the point thank you! im forever grateful to you all. i might write more little chapters like this just for fun but no promises!

p.s. uh if someone  could pls waltz with me to merry go round of life on a rooftop during a pretty sunset that'd be great >:)

hope you enjoy ily bye <3

🎉 You've finished reading 𝑩𝑶𝑶𝑴𝑬𝑹𝑨𝑵𝑮 ❶ - { bₙₕₐ. ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ ɪɴꜱᴇʀᴛ} ✔ 🎉