𝓫𝓾𝓽 𝓼𝓱𝓮'𝓼 𝓭𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶𝓲𝓷𝓰

L/N, stay after class. There's something we need to discuss.

You nod absentmindedly,  you weren't paying attention to much of anything these days. All you could think about was getting through your so-called 'life' one day at a time. Go to school, wallow in self-pity, eat lunch, then scold yourself for wallowing, finish school, receive the daily taunts, change in to your uniform and do your 5-hour volunteer shift at the hospital, eat dinner, finally go home and shower, fall asleep, and repeat. That's all you do, nowadays, but that'll change once you become a cool hero. You'll be too busy saving people's lives, making them smile, to wallow. So, you'll have to erase that part from your routine.

L/N, come here. Let's talk.

Okay, Aizawa-sensei.

It seems class was already over, not that you noticed. You step to the front of the empty classroom. You stop in front of the wooden teacher's desk, waiting for Aizawa-sensei to speak, maybe you were in trouble or hopefully the opposite. You lock eyes and you see a truly terrible emotion glaze over his irises. Pity.

Look kid, I truly believe you have the strongest resolve in here to be a hero, it's admirable to be honest. However, resolve won't cut it and I'm not the type to humor fantasies-

Uh, what are you s-saying, sensei?

I'm saying you failed your provisional exam once, last year, in ten months you have one last chance to retake it and pass. If you don't pass, I'll expel you.

W-What? E-Expel m-me?

Kid, you're smart and strategic, you're top of your class academically. But, your physical assessments and practical hero work is not good, you're consistently points away from failing. You can't be a hero with just your brain, you need physical strength. Without it ,this dream of becoming a hero is just that. Only a dream. You need to train, either by yourself or with a teacher, I don't care, just train to pass or I'm cutting off this pipe-dream of yours, Y/n.

T-Train with a t-teacher. D-Do you think you could-

No. I have enough going on and I already have a student. You have the resolve kid, so figure it out. That's all you're dismissed.

O-Oh okay...h-have a good day.

Numb. You felt numb, is this what it feels like, to be destroyed, utterly crushed. You feel like a small child being consumed by their closet monsters. You want to run and hide, cower in a small corner, hoping it's just a sick nightmare. Then, you would wake up and it would all be over, you would be fine. But, this was no nightmare. You need to find a teacher, and you need to find someone fast. You couldn't get expelled, you refuse. So, you're passing that exam, you don't care what it takes. You'll make this feeling go away. Heroes don't feel numb, they save people and flourish. People live another day thanks to heroes, that's what Gang Orca does for them, so you will too. You'll train and train, until you're able. Able to be a hero.