𝙳̶𝙾̶𝙽̶𝙴̶

Midoryia's next! After Bakugo's defeat, he's the only one who stands a chance. I mean, did you see all that power?!

Kaminari's exclamation disturbs the extended silence, causing the rest of the students to start murmuring in agreement before getting more enthusiastic. Midoryia breaks out into a cold sweat, his stomach twisting into knots. He knew you wanted your full revenge and that, in his mind, ended with him. The class starts pushing Midoryia onto the mat, but you interrupt them, causing an abrupt silence once more.

No, I'm done. You've seen enough.

Your words held no kind of anger or malice, they just sounded final and everyone knew not to argue. Your eyes catch the sheepish glances that the Iida and some of your other opponents, who weren't unconscious, send you; you give them a ghost of a smile before speaking again, surprising each of them.

                          I hoped you listened to the message I was trying to send you all.

They all nod, some giving a noise of affirmation. Satisfied with their answer, and not particularly wanting to continue any kind of conversation with them, you return a nod.

Okay, good. Have a good night everyone...see you in class.

They all file out as a group, helping the injured students to leave as well. The atmosphere was much lighter, with an air of understanding, than it was forty minutes ago; at least it was for you as some of your heavy feelings lift off your heart, allowing you to breathe easier. You sigh, starting to pick the battered and beaten pieces of training mat. But, a shaky voice trying its best to stay steady interrupts you, causing you to turn to the person who spoke.

Why won't you fight me?

Midoryia had teary eyes as his face contorts into an expression of genuine confusion. You purse your lips together, thinking about how to respond. How do you respond to him? You always noticed how guilty he felt regarding you, you knew it was a personal reason (that you didn't want to pry into) for his silence. Perhaps, he should feel guilty for being a bystander—like Iida—, but he doesn't have any responsibility to help you or save you. He isn't your class representative and he isn't your friend. So, why does he look at you like he's known you all his life? You could only relate it to that of a child, not wanting to see their mother sickly in her hospital bed. He was always so afraid looking at you, always so...helpless. What do you say to someone who has those feelings towards you when to you they're only a stranger?

It just doesn't feel right, that's all. Bye, Midoryia.

When Midoryia exits the training ground, he finally lets those tears spill, balling his fist so tightly his freckled knuckles turn white. He felt like he was almost grieving. He could've reached you. You were always right there in front of his eyes. Why couldn't he just save? What was this blockade that was stopping him? He just walks to who knows where muttering all his regrets.

I should've been there for you, Y/N...

You were still cleaning the inside of the empty training ground when a shiny glint from the high corner of the room catches your attention. You immediately turn towards it, your eyes being met with a lens. It was a camera pointing directly at you with a blinking red light. You scoff in disbelief with underlying tones of amusement, before going back to cleaning feeling the camera gaze on you the entire time.

Looks like you enjoyed quite a show, huh? I hope you found it entertaining, you sadistic mouse.

Back inside U.A.'s walls was its very own principal, sitting in his dim office (the only lighting coming from a small desk lap and a live video feed of his second-year student cleaning the TDL. The principal wasn't at surprised at being caught watching his students fight, you always were quite observant. He just smiles at you and sighs an apology that you couldn't see or hear. 

Forgive me, Y/N. But, I simply wanted to watch you find your peace and watch where you go from here.

He's glad you didn't blame him for his curiosity as that's all he was. He turns off his screen putting away some files, putting away your to be exact. He collects all your documents, lingering his eyes on your entrance exam form that still had a faint residue of red ink under the bright green acceptance stamp (that he stamped himself). He puts away his things before leaving his office, silently bidding you a good night.