𝓫𝓾𝓽 𝓼𝓱𝓮'𝓼 𝓪𝓼𝓴𝓲𝓷𝓰

Hi, Y/N-chan! Oh, you look tired, long shift?

You were definitely not looking your best. Your eye bags could rival a certain pro-hero's and their student's. You were wearing your pale blue uniform t-shirt with 'Happy Helping Hospital Volunteer' written on the back. Your shirt was a mess of wrinkles and your pants had coffee stains on the front. The outfit was a...choice. You enter the hospital room and open the door to reveal your favorite patient, Rei Todoroki. You've been her assigned volunteer for almost four years now, so it was safe to say the two of you had a strong bond. You were holding a pudding cup with a tiny plastic spoon, you hand it to her before sitting down in the chair next to her bed with a sigh.

Hey, Rei-san. No, long week. I've asked 32 different people to train me for the provisional exam. All of them said no! Saying I don't have hero potential -blah, blah, blah- you couldn't handle my training blah, blah, blah! I even went to a martial arts dojo that I would've to pay for and they still wouldn't take me!

Hehehe! Oh, Y/N...That pudding cup better be vanilla by the way!

Don't worry, Rei-san, it is vanilla. Ugh! Maybe they're right, maybe I don't have hero potential.

Interesting. Say Y/N-chan, why do you volunteer in a mental hospital as a comfort guide rather than at a normal hospital saving people's lives? That one seems more like hero work to me.

Oh uh- I think that I chose to volunteer here because I know how it feels to be trapped by yourself, by your limitations and I guess I want to help those people. Saving those people from themselves rather than from their injuries, I suppose. If I'm being honest I wasn't thinking about hero work when I chose to volunteer here, so I don't really know what answer to give you.

Oh hehe- I see, how amusing.

What's so funny about that Rei-san?

That you think you have no hero potential.

Eh?!

Y/N, if you're not a hero than I don't know who is. You put in long hours just to help make people's lives easier, like how you do for mine. You are a hero Y/N, a good one too. So, I'm going to help you find a trainer.

Rei-san?! Thank you, thank you, thank you! For your kind words and your help, I'll do anything to repay you! It means so much to me and I don't-

Y/N-chan, raise your head. No need to bow or thank me, you deserve every word and please don't cry.

O-okay, thank you again!

No problem at all, dear. Do you happen to know my son, Shoto?

Y-Yeah, I know him. He's my c-classmate, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't know my name.

Hmm that's okay, well I happen to personally know who trained him and I'll make sure that they'll train you too.

Really! That's amazing Rei-san! Thank you!

She hums and gets out a piece of paper along with a pen. You sit with her in a comfortable silence, the only sound of her pen being audible. When she finishes she folds the paper neatly, then writing on the top, she wrote what seemed to be an address and then signs the note with a heart. That confused you a little, but you decide not to question it.

Here you go, visit their address, the one I wrote on the top. Ask them to train you and if they give you trouble, don't give up. Once they talk to you give them my letter and I think then they'll take you, okay?

Yup, thank you again Rei-san!

Looking at the time, your shift is over anyway so you can go over right now if you want.

Yeah, I think I will. Thank you for the letter, see you next time Rei-san!

Bye Y/N, good luck!

You nod my head and take her letter with you as you leave her room. You change your clothes in the break-room and take your  phone out of your backpack, plugging in the address's directions. You follow the route for a few minutes and decide to check who this mysterious trainer was. You open the letter slightly to see the name, but not the content of the letter as you assumed it was personal. As you read the name, your eyes widen and your breath hitches, you stop in place. You read it again to make sure you weren't seeing things.

Endeavor...