one

Emily's POV

I felt a hand on my shoulder and I jumped up, standing and wiping my tears.

"Sorry. I'm not very good at comforting strangers. You can sit." A boy said. Through the darkness, I could see his bright green eyes and his curly hair. He was attractive, and I almost forgot why I was upset.

I hesitantly sat down next to him. "So what's on your mind?" He asked, crossing one leg over the other to get comfortable.

"I live down the street. I was taking a walk to clear my mind and it seems you're doing the same. It helps to talk to someone." He said. My worry went away when I could detect the care in his eyes.

"Well it's a really long story and I don't even know you." I said.

"Well I have time. And that's the thing. You probably won't see me again so who would I even tell? It'll be our secret." He said jokingly with a smile.

I felt my lips curve up in a smile. "At least tell me your name before I spill my whole life story." I said.

"I'm Harry. And you?" He said.

"Emily." I answered, getting comfortable and trying to find the words to explain.

"Okay so my parent fight all of the time. And it sounds like a normal thing for a lot of families, but it's not. Normally, parents fight about money and work. My family fights about me." I said, feeling the tears gathering. I glanced at Harry, and saw the worry in his eyes.

"Um- well I was a mistake. They weren't supposed to have me and they didn't mean to. My dad makes that very clear that all I am is a mistake. My mom tries to defend me but she's nothing compared to my dad. I can't even block them out. They're always loud enough for me to hear." I said, full on crying. He suddenly embraced me and I cried into his shirt.

I don't know why but I felt like I've known him for a while. His comfort seemed natural to me.

"Let's walk a little bit okay?" He said. I nodded and we got up, and walked down the street.

"I have to admit, I thought you were going to talk to me about boy problems or something." He said in disbelief over what I told him.

"I wish it was that simple." I said, kicking a rock on the pavement.

"It'll get better. I've had family problems and it'll blow over." He said.

"Harry, it's been happening for years." I whispered.

He was silent, unsure of what to say. I stopped walking because this was my house.

"The lights are off, so they're probably done." I said, backing into my driveway.

"I live a few houses down and I come on these late night walks a lot so if you ever want to talk, you will know where to find me." He said, giving me another hug. I smiled because I was good to have someone in my life who I could talk to.

"Thank you. You have no idea what all of this talking has done for me." I smiled, then walked up my driveway and into the back door.

I snuck into my room and shut the door quietly. I changed my clothes and then went to bed.

I looked out the window one more time to see Harry standing in the same place, smiling to himself.

And then the smile made its way onto my face.

I really like how this chapter turned out. Can I have at least a hundred reads before the next chapter?

It's so hard writing imagines and writing fan fictions at the same time because you have to have fan fictions in first person and imagines in "you" and "Y/n" so it's really confusing. I read the chapters over a few times before publishing so there shouldn't be many mistakes but if there are, I apologize.

Keeping reading, voting, and comment your thoughts! :) ❤️

-megan