twenty three

Emily's POV

"I won't hurt you, Em. I promise." He whispered in my ear when he sat next to me, and he wrapped a towel around the bag before gently pressing it to my shoulder. I bit my lip because of the sudden change in temperature, but it didn't hurt. He pressed a kiss to my temple and we sat there in silence.

There was a new siren, and I looked out the window, confused.

It was an ambulance.

I gasped shakily and stood up, ignoring the pain in my shoulder.

"Emily you should stay here."

"But my mom." I whispered to him as I felt his hand go around my waist.

"At least let me come with you." He suggested, his bright green eyes burning into mine.

He took one last glance upstairs before holding my hand and walking out. I dragged him down the street, needing to see what was happening. The ambulance whizzed by us, back in the direction it came from. I saw my dad being shoved into a police car.

I let go of Harry's hand and ran towards him, "Emily, stop!"

"What did you do to her?" I yelled at my dad, but they shut the door and locked him in.

I felt an arm wrap around my waist and a kiss pressed to my head. "He's gone okay? Everything is fine."

"But my mom isn't." I whispered, turning around to hide my face in his shirt.

"She'll be okay too." He whispered. I knew that he had no idea of knowing that, but it was still soothing to hear from him.

"Are you Emily?" A police man asked.

I turned around and nodded at him, wiping my eyes.

"Your mother should be okay. She's losing a lot of blood though."

"What? Blood? What happened?" I said, fully facing him.

"We saw a broken beer bottle on the ground, and there was a gash in her head."

My jaw dropped and the tears came again, and Harry held me tighter.

"I hate him so much." I whispered to him. He just held me there, avoiding my shoulder. Whenever someone came to ask me questions, he quietly made them leave, letting me be alone.

"Let's go back to my house, okay?" He said, a hint of nervousness in his voice.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine." He swallowed. I shook it off and grasped his hand, letting him lead me to his house again.

He opened the door and locked it behind him, then led me into the living room. "We can just sleep in here. Could you grab some blankets from that cabinet? I'll go find something for you to change into."

"Okay." I smiled at him gratefully, and he returned the smile, then walked upstairs. I found the cabinet and pulled out some blankets, neatly piling them on the couch. I looked around the cute room, and I saw some picture frames of Harry holding his little sister with his mom. I smiled at the pictures of him and his mom, he looked so happy.

My attention snapped over to him when I suddenly heard his voice again, "These are probably big on you, but sometimes the heat acts all weird at night so it should keep you warm. The bathroom is straight down the hall." He said, handing me a t-shirt and sweatpants and pointing in a direction.

"Thank you." I said, taking them and following his directions. I found the small bathroom and shut the door behind me. I turned around and faced a mirror. I almost jumped at my appearance. I looked different. My eyes were puffy, my whole face was red and tear stained. I looked sad so I splashed water on my face, and then put on the clothes Harry gave me. I put my clothes in a neat pile by the front door and then sat on the couch next to him.

"You look cute in my clothes."

"I look like a giant."

"What's that supposed to mean?" He said, displaying a hurt expression on his face. I giggled at him and then kissed his cheek lightly.

"Thank you for tonight." I whispered.

He looked at me and said, "Stop thanking me, really."

"If there's anything you'd ever need or if you need to tell someone something, come to me. I want to be there for you like you were for me." I said, grasping his hand.

"I will, Emily." He said with a grin on his face. He pushed a button and something came out of the couch turned into a bed. He spread the blankets out and I laid down next to him.

"Goodnight Em."

"Goodnight Harry." I replied with a smile glued to my face.

hey guys... sorry i haven't updated in so long! i thought no one was reading because i didn't even get 100 reads on the last chapter, but those of you who read it were commenting a lot so i decided to stop being selfish and update.

sorry it's short, i will update soon!

-megan😇💓