eighteen

Emily's POV

"Harry it's been three weeks and I just really want to know what I did. I thought you felt what I felt when we kissed but I guess not. I can't do this anymore. I should just stop leaving messages and texting you because I know I won't get a reply. But I just can't stop without knowing why you're doing this." I said, before the answering machine beeped saying my message was too long.

He looked so sad when he found out I was with Liam. Yet when I'm not, he ignores me. What does he want from me? Nothing. He wants nothing to do with me.

I put on my vans and went for a walk. I approached the bench where I met Harry. And guess what? He was there. And he was listening to my message. I stopped a few feet in front of him, and watched him take the phone away from his ear and delete the voicemail.

"Is this really how I get you to talk to me? To run into you on the street so you're trapped here?" I asked, causing him to jump from the sudden voice.

I slowly walked up, wondering if he was going to get up and run away. He didn't though, he just scooted over so I could sit next to him. I took the empty seat.

"I'm sorry. I don't know what I did but I'm sorry." I said quietly.

"You didn't do anything." He said, and I almost smiled, because besides his answering machine, I haven't heard his voice in a long time.

"Then why are you ignoring me?" I asked after a few moments of silence.

"I don't know. I don't know what I'm doing anymore. I've never felt this way about anyone before."

My head snapped up to look at him, and I was kind of surprised he said that. "Really?" I whispered, and it was almost inaudible.

He looked at me in the eyes and nodded. "The thing is, Emily, you thought I didn't feel anything in that kiss. But I did. Probably more than you did." He said.

"You look scared when you say that."

"I guess I'm not really good at hiding my emotions, then." He replied, looking in front of him.

"So you are scared? Why?" I asked.

"I've fallen before. I thought I had anyway. And it didn't end like it does in the stories, Emily. I don't want that to happen again." He said, looking back at me.

"You won't know if you don't try." I said, not knowing what else to say.

"But I'm afraid to try."

I reached down and grabbed his hand, watching how perfectly our hands fit together. "I'm not, if that makes it any better. Harry I've been cheated on before, and it sucks. Of course I don't want it to happen again, but it also makes me want to try again, to try to get it right this time." I said, trying to get a read on him, to see if he's understanding.

He didn't say anything, he just watched my lips as he leaned in and connected his lips to mine.

"Then I will." He said, causing a smile to form on my face.

"I won't let you down Harry." I whispered.

"I know. I'm afraid that I will let you down."

--

HEMILY YESSSS

-megan