two

Emily's POV

I finished my homework and took my earphones out and heard the yelling.

"Can't they just stop for one night?" I whispered to myself, then tip toed downstairs.

I peeked around the corner like I usually do. I heard my mom say, "Well maybe the biggest mistake around here was marrying you!"

I almost applauded my mom for working up the courage to say that. Then it happened. What I've been dreading would happen for a while now.

He slapped her.

I cupped my hands over my mouth to keep myself from screaming at him, and the room grew silent.

My mom brought her hand to her cheek in shock.

Do I help her or run?

I ran out of the front door and into the street, sobbing. The words were hard enough to handle. But he's never hit her before.

Harry. It's been a week since I met him. Maybe he remembers me?

I searched the streets, hoping that he was around. I saw a figure at their mail box, and then I saw him going up the driveway.

"Harry?" I tried. He stopped and turned around. "Thank god." I said, walking towards him.

When I got closer, he saw my tears and wrapped his arms around me. "Emily." He whispered. I cried into his shirt just like last time.

"What happened?" He whispered after a while. I picked up my head and wiped my cheek, but he stopped me and did it himself, making me smile for a split second.

"Well they were fighting again like usual and then he" I paused, because I felt a lump in my throat. "He hit my mom." I said, my lip quivering.

His face dropped, "Oh my god." He whispered, then wrapped his arms around me again.

"If he lays a hand on you I'll hit him harder." He said, mumbling into my hair.

I smiled, "Thank you. I should probably get back to her though." I whispered before taking my arms back and stepping away. I felt colder without him near me.

"Goodnight Emily."

"Goodnight Harry."

Short chapter but I thought it was cute so I ended it :)

I'll update when I have a 100 reads on all 3 parts?

Do you guys like this story so far? What do you think his secret is??

-megan

secrets || h.s.On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara