twenty four

random pic bc qt

Emily's POV

I expected to wake up the next morning in Harry's arms, and hearing his soft snores.

But I woke up alone. I was still on his couch, but he was gone. I slowly stood up, and used the blank television as a mirror to fix my hair. I crossed my arms to keep myself warm, and I walked into the hallway. The front door suddenly opened and Harry walked in quickly and quietly.

He jumped when he saw me. I smiled, "Hey, where'd you go?" I asked, walking towards him.

"I had to run an errand that I forgot yesterday and I didn't want to wake you." He said, smiling at me.

I smiled back and said, "I should go and find out what's going on with my mom." I said, grabbing the clothes that I had on yesterday, but as I picked them up, my shoulder ached with pain.

I bit the inside of my cheek and picked them up with my other hand. "You okay?" Harry asked me, a concerned look on his face.

"Yeah, just my shoulder." I said quietly.

I felt a pair of smooth lips pressed to my cheek, "Do you want me to come with you?" He said, referring to the hospital to find my mom.

I shook my head, "It's fine, really."

He stayed silent, and let me go change into my clothes from yesterday. "How will you get there?" He asked.

"I'm just going to take her car. Don't worry about it." I said, kissing his cheek to reassure him. He smiled at me, and I left after thanking him one last time.

I walked to my house, and it looked so peaceful, as if nothing even happened there, the night before.

I walked in the door, and ran in as if someone was there, grabbed her keys off the table and ran out. "Shit." I felt something sharp on the bottom of my foot. I looked down to see a few more shards of his bottle on the ground. I shivered, then pulled the piece out of my heel.

I bit my lip from the pain and then dropped the bloody glass on the floor. I put a pair of flip flops on and got into the car.

I drove quickly, anxious to know what happened. When I arrived, I ran straight to the desk.

"Please tell me what room Monica Lynch is in?"

"Who are you?" She asked, skeptically.

"I'm Emily Lynch, her daughter." I said, noticing tears falling from my eyes.

"213 A." She said, looking at her computer then giving me an apologetic look.

"Thank you." I said quickly before looking for the room. I searched all over the place then finally found it.

I walked through the open doorway, and my mom's head turned slowly to meet my eyes.

"Hi mom." I said, looking at the bandage wrapped tightly around my head.

"Hi sweetie." She said, smiling. "How are you? Did he hurt you?"

"My shoulder just hurts a bit. How are you?" I said, downplaying the agonizing pain in my right arm.

"I feel a little dizzy. And my head hurts when I keep my eyes open for a while."

"What exactly happened?" I asked, sitting next to her and holding her hand.

"He hit me with his full beer bottle. The doctor said it would've been better for me if the bottle was empty. Which, knowing him, I'm surprised it wasn't. But anyway, they call it a scalp wound. I have to stay here for a while, because of the symptoms. It is affecting my whole body." She said sleepily.

"Do you know what's going to happen to him?"

"I overheard some talking. The usual jail time for this assault would be five to fifteen years, but the fact that he hit you as well, may add more years. But with the evidence on my head, for example, there is really no way he can't be convicted as guilty." She said, her eyes fluttering closed and then open again.

"You should get some rest mom." I said, kissing her cheek, avoiding her wound.

"Promise me, you'll get your shoulder looked at. For me."

"Okay mom, I will right away." I smiled at her then left the room. I walked up to the desk, "Can I get my shoulder looked at?" It was a different woman from before, so she wasn't confused.

"Sure. We aren't busy now so it shouldn't be much of a wait." She said, sending me back to the waiting room.

I pulled out my phone to see a voicemail from Hannah.

"Hey Em. Niall and I are at Harry's. He told us what happened, and I hope you aren't mad he told Niall, he's just worried about you and he needed to talk to someone. Are you okay? Get back to us as soon as possible or come to Harry's. We'll be here all day." She said, and then the message cut off.

To Hannah:
Hey Hannah. Tell them I'm fine and I'll be there as soon as I can, love you.

"Emily Lynch?" Someone called for me.

I followed her into a small room. "Hello, I'm Doctor Garcia. Can you tell me your pain on a scale from 1-10?" She asked me, putting on her glasses and picking up a pen.

"Uh," I moved my arm the slightest bit and almost groaned in pain. "Eight, maybe." I said, biting my lip.

"Okay, tell me how this happened?"

"I was thrown into a wall, and I landed on my shoulder." I explained. She didn't ask any questions about my story, which I was glad about.

"Follow me into the X-Ray room." She said, and I followed her quietly.

"I am pretty sure just by looking at it, that it is dislocated." She said from behind me once we were in the room.

"Is it bad?" I whispered.

"It looks very swollen and bruised, and the bone structure doesn't really match the other side at all." She explained, then sat me down on a table.

"Slowly lay down for me, dear?" She said, and I did as she said, gritting my teeth. She asked me to go in several positions, some hurt more than others.

She sent me to a room to wait while people looked at my X-Rays.

"It is severely dislocated." She said, bringing in a cart with supplies on it.

"I am going to send you to the Orthopedic and she will determine what you will wear on it to heal it. But for now, I will wrap it up and give you a sling." She explained.

The wrapping was the most painful thing that she had done so far and I bit my lip so hard that I was probably drawing blood. A few tears dropped from my eyes, but it felt better once I had the sling.

"Okay, you're free to go. Schedule an appointment at the orthopedic as soon as possible." She said before leaving the room.

I looked at my phone to see that only took about an hour and a half, which I was surprised at. Usually, hospitals take a very long time to go through this process. I noticed I also had a text.

From Hannah:
The front door is open! Let yourself in when you get back.

I walked by my mom's room again, to see she was still sleeping, so I decided to go to Harry's.

--
I had to to a lot of research for this one haha.
-megan