six

haha there are so many shai and harry edits online IT IS MEANT TO BE I SHIP IT.

Emily's POV

"Then she just hung up?" Hannah said after I finished telling her about the phone call. She took the leftovers out of the microwave and gave me some.

"Yep." I said.

"Why was Harry so nosy about it." She said, with an obnoxious time in her voice.

"Because he was concerned. He knows about my parents." I mumbled the second sentence.

"He does? Didn't you meet him like a week ago?" She said it like she was scolding me.

"Hannah you have no idea what I felt like when I told him. I ran out of my house and he was there and he said he could talk to me about it. So I did. And it just felt so natural. And then when he hit my mom I went looking for him. And he was there. It was like he knew." I said quietly.

"Emily is in love." She said in a sing song voice.

"No I'm not. Besides, don't you want me to be with Liam?" I said, putting my bowl in the sink.

"Oh yeah, what even happened last night?" She said.

"We went out to pizza so we didn't have to listen to you two making out the whole movie." I said, causing her to roll her eyes.

"I'm sure you made out in his car." She said.

"No we didn't actually. He only kissed me once and that was when he dropped me off. It was really quick too." I said nonchalantly.

"Oh my god, I was actually just kidding about the making out. I didn't think you kissed him at all!" She said excitedly.

"Well I did. But it was nothing." I said.

"You better pick if you like Harry or Liam more soon. Liam is going to ask you out soon." She said.

"Well I definitely want to be friends with Liam." I said.

"You know he wants more than that, Emily." She said, sighing.

"I know but I don't think I do." I defended myself.

"Okay, do what you want. I think Harry is kind of a creep." She said. I rolled my eyes because she really had no idea.

I woke up the next morning at Hannah's and she had to go to breakfast with Niall. Apparently he had to "ask her something", and she decided to play dumb and act like she didn't know he was going to ask her to be his girlfriend.

I rode my bike home and was standing on the porch for a while, afraid of going in.

"Mom?" I called out when I entered.

My dad seemed to forget that he wasn't my mom and he came out instead.

"Your mom left."

"When is she coming back?" I asked.

"I don't know. She packed her bags and left." He said.

"What?" I yelled. She left. She left without me and left me to fend for myself.

He ignored me and walked into the other room. I changed my clothes and then walked outside and sat down at a bench a couple minutes away.

"Emily?" I heard Harry.

"You seem to always find me, huh?" I said, slightly smiling.

"Did you find out what that phone call was about?" He asked, sitting down next to me. He looped an arm over my shoulders and I couldn't help but think it might be meant for more than comfort.

"Well I'm not sure. But I am sure that my mom is a coward. A selfish one too." I mumbled.

"Why?" He asked after a couple moments of silence.

"Because she left. She packed her bags and left me alone with him." I said. I didn't cry because I wasn't sad, I was angry.

He pulled me closer and I leaned my head on his shoulder.

"Harry?" I said.

"Mhm?" He mumbled.

I lifted up my head to look at him, "How come I feel like I can tell you anything, more than I can tell Hannah and I've known you for a week?" I whispered.

A small smile formed on his face and he looked to the side, "Sometimes that happens with people." He whispered.

I watched him, because he looked like he was thinking about saying something but changed his mind.

"You know, you haven't told me anything twisted up about your life. Everybody has something. Spill." I said.

"I..." He drifted off. I knew he had something, I could tell he was nervous about it.

"I'll think about it and get back to you. But this would be a very smooth time for me to get your number, wouldn't you agree?" He asked.

"Now would be a good time to give you this." I said, handing him my phone with my contacts pulled up.

He put his number in and texted himself so that he would have it, but my phone started ringing.

"Who is it?" I asked.

"Liam." He mumbled with annoyance.

"Ignore it." I said right away. I saw a small smile creep it's way into his face.

He pressed the button and then gave my phone back, my facial expression matching his.

"I think I feel the same way." He said.

"What?"

"That I've known you forever." He said, leaning in. My breathing quickened as he got really close.

Then his phone went off and he checked it.

"God dammit Liam." He mumbled.

Of course.

Sort of laughed really hard at this ending because I probably disappointed a lot of you :)

So I'm getting a lot more reads quicker now so I'm going to make it 150 for the next chapter? :)

-megan