9🎀

Sad News.

"So you're the Princess Mason?" The principal asked.

"Yes sir, that's my name" I replied.

"The Princess Mason? What did I do?" I thought in fear.

The school counselor then looked at me and said "Princess, what I wanna tell you right now, you have to just take it. You know there's really a time for everything. A time to sow, a time to reap. A time to plant and a time to harvest"
I nodded trying to guess what this man was driving at.

He continued. "A time to be born and a time to d....." I didn't allow him to finish talking
"Wait... Did.... Did someone die? I asked in utmost fear.

"Princess Mason, I'm sad to tell you that your father died this morning" He said.

"My Father? You mean Mr Mason?" I asked in utmost shock
"W.. Why? How? Where? When?
No.... This can't be real... this is a joke right ? I guess you are really good at joking" I said, laughing.
I saw the teachers faces and they weren't smiling. "I just called mom a while ago and she....wait... she... didn't tell me... any" I then remembered how she sounded on the phone.

"No.... No, this can't be true!" I said to myself as tears rolled down on my cheeks.

I ran out of the office, still not believing what just happened.
I ran to the hall passage where I left my phone. Harry was still there.
I picked up my phone and dialed my mom's number. She picked it immediately.

"Princess?" Mom said.

"What happened mom? What happened to dad? How did he die? Who killed him?" I asked amidst tears.

"Oh God, who told you? They weren't supposed to tell you yet!" My mom replied
"Is that what matters now? Isn't it good that I was told? If I wasn't told, I'll keep thinking I still have a father!" I screamed at my mom.

"Am sorry. He had been sick since two weeks ago" She said.

"Seriously mom? Why couldn't you tell me?"

"I wanted you to focus"

"Focus on what? In this school where everything is fun? What do I have to focus on?"

"So.... If I had told you about his sickness, what would you have done or what would have changed?" Mom asked.

"At least, I would have prayed for him and I would have also prepared my mind for all these! Just see! How am I gonna take all these? For God's sake mom!"

I ended the call and cleaned my tears. "Crying won't solve anything right?" I thought.
"So I am fatherless now? I have no father?" these thoughts flowed through my mind.

Harry stood up from where he sat and left. I was pretty sure he heard all.

I stood up and went to my room.
I thought and thought and later slept off. It was Tasha's voice I heard that woke me up.

My eyes were red and swollen. What's up girl? Why are you looking like this? Did someone beat you?"

"No..no... I....I...just caught a cold"
I replied trying to beam a fake smile.

"Oh, sorry. That reminds me, Why did the principal call you the other time?" she asked inquisitively.

"Nothing, he just wanted to know who I was" I replied.