25🎀

The Cafeteria Dialogue.

Harry looked like he had just seen a ghost.

"Maybe he wasnt expecting that to come out of his mouth" I thought.

"Uhm.......T-that.. that is what I learnt from the chapter of t-his...this novel" He managed to say.
I smiled.

"Okay"

"Who asked you though?"

I left the class and returned to mine.
They were all minding their businesses unlike my former class where they'll look at you from when you entered to when you will sit.

I walked to my seat and met Henry. I almost forgot that was his seat.

"Hey...what are you doing here?"

"Yeah, I remember dad payed my fees and brought me here. So...as you can see, I'm sitting down and preparing for the day's work. He replied.

"Can't you do that on your seat...I then remembered.

"Goddamn it!"

"This is my seat" he said.

"I know right?"

I sat uncomfortably beside him and bowed my head.

"Good morning Ma"
I heard. I guessed a teacher came into the class so I joined them in the greeting by standing.

"Have your seats" She replied.
We sat down.
She wrote Biology on the board but I didn't plan to listen.

"Why was Harry shocked about what he said by himself? What does the statement mean though?"

I tried to remember what he said.

"If you truly love someone.........stay with the person. If not, that might be your worst regret"

"Hmm .. What the heck is that supposed to mean?
If I truly love someone, I should stay with the person if not I'll regret it?
I know, but who is the person he thinks am in love with but I don't want to stay with?"

I then remembered the shocking look on his face

"Well, I guess the statement wasn't meant for me then"

"Goodbye Ma"

"What the .......!!!!! The class ended already?
How would you know Princess... when you were just thinking of Harry!"

I checked my watch for time and it says 9:00am.

"Seriously? Don't tell me I thought for a whole hour!!!!!!!!"

___________________________

We had three more
classes before break that day.

(Break Time)
I felt unusually hungry that day so I decided to buy something for my Poor stomach. On getting to the cafeteria, I stood beside the window and peeped to be sure nobody I was avoiding especially Harry was there.

Then I saw him. He sat by the counter, drinking a bottled water.

I swear he never came here before! What's he looking for today???

I wasn't ready for any sort of nervousness or feeling uncomfortable so I honourably turned back. I bumped into Henry.

"What's with me and bumping into people these few days??? Especially people I'm on bad terms with"

I ignored him and walked away. I thought I had walked far but I guess I was wrong.

Where did you think you are going? He questioned, pulling me to himself.

"What do you think you are doing?" I asked, with every irritation in me.

"I should be asking you that" He replied, freeing me a little bit but he still held me.

"I came here to eat as you can see...and I'm on my way back" I replied.

"Interesting....but I didn't see you eating anything...or did you send someone?"

"Just......leave me" I said, forcefully freeing myself from his strong grip.

I now stood at his front, folding my arms.

"You came to peep at him didn't you?" He said.

"What do you mean? Peep at who?" I replied in frustration.

"Oh dear.....do I need to mention his name again?" He said, smiling.

"God please help me never to meet people like this in my next life" I prayed.

"What exactly do you want from me? Why are you always bothering me? Can't you just let me be?"

"Letting you be? I can't do that.....until you stop loving my brother"

I laughed.
"Why? Are you jealous? Well....to stop loving him is the last thing I'd ever do. I said eyeing him.

His countenance changed. He looked like someone who just heard a bad news.

"If you'd excuse me" I added, as I walked past him and I made sure I hit him with my shoulder.