6🎀

The Proposal.

It's been three weeks since I've been in that school now.
Well, I enjoyed every moment there. It was true what Tasha told me. They only do lessons Monday to Friday from 6am to 12pm. Apart from that, it was total fun.

I hated talking to Harry because most times, he gives no reply.
He believes nothing is more important than his studies even though many girls ignore their studies because of him.

Tasha really likes Harry even though she had a boyfriend. I don't think Harry even knows her. Jane had her boyfriend too but she wasn't really Harry's fan.

I just was on my own, not making friends with any boy and of course, anybody apart from Tasha and Jane.

Well I kept dreaming about Harry, it was like a routine and I hated it. I thought of him every now and then but I really hated it because he doesn't deserve it. Most times, I get annoyed with myself if I suddenly realise I was thinking of him.

I was ruminating over all these in my class during break on one Friday afternoon when Tasha came to me.

"Hey Princess.....Wanna go out for break?" She asked.

"Hmm..Yeah, let's go since we still have a little time before break ends" I replied standing up.

I saw Harry. He was with our class teacher. "I've never seen him go out for break before" I thought.

Tasha and I went to the restaurant. I wasn't really hungry so I just ordered for a chilled Apple drink.

"So how are you coping with your handsome seat partner?" She asked.

I smiled. "He doesn't talk to me. So I don't too" I replied.

"You are really trying" Tasha said.

"Why?" I asked.

"Cos you are the only single girl here!"

I smiled. "Is it a crime? And Am even still new here though"

"Eating without me?" Jane said, suddenly appearing as she joined us on the table.

"Not really, I'm drinking not eating" I said as we bursted out into laughter.

"look, the annual Diners party is coming up next tomorrow and Princess is still single" Tasha said to Jane.

"Is the party compulsory?" I asked.

"Very very."

"But is it compulsory to have a partner in the party?"

"It isn't, but it'll be a disgrace". Tasha replied.

"Ok, even if I have to get a partner.......from where?

"Everyone is taken already" I whispered.

"Maybe not everyone" Jane replied.

"Who?" I asked.

"Harry!" Tasha and Jane chorused.
I almost choked on my drink.

"That's not an option guys. He might not even be interested in the party besides, he isn't interested in girls" I replied.

"You wanna be disgraced in the party right?" Tasha asked.

"Hmmm......So what are you insinuating? I should ask him to be my partner in the party? You don't mean it"

"Just try. Tell him today"

"What!!!!today? The party is still in two days and......"

"Princess" Jane interrupted. You know it's a dinner party, you and your partner must have planned your outfits so that it'll match"

"Hmmm" I sighed. "I'll try telling him after the class.
I know he won't accept but I want to see the excuse he'll give to refuse" I said.

Tasha laughed. The bell was jingled for break over. My heart started to pound.

"Good luck Princess" Tasha and Jane chorused. I smiled.

We went to class and sat. We were having English but our teacher wasn't around yet so the class was a bit rowdy. A very funny naughty boy named Max came to the front of the class.

"I'm really looking forward to our diner parry" He said in a funny tone, stressing the "r". Everyone laughed.

"We will all see different cloth combinations, Red on yellow,
cream on white, Grey on purple" Everyone bursted into laughter, well except me and the boy beside me.

"Is anything ever funny to him?" I thought as I looked at him. He was placing his chin on his palm and his elbow on the desk, looking directly at me.

"Why is he looking?" I thought as I took my face.
"Or he secretly likes me?" I smiled to myself as I turned to his side but he was already bowing his head.

"So strange." I thought.

I suddenly heard my name and everyone was looking at me
"Huh?" I replied, it was Max.

"Who is your partner for the parrry?" He stressed the r again. Everyone laughed again.

"Omg....what should I say? Let me just say the truth" I thought.
"I don't have" I replied.

Our teacher suddenly entered the class and we all kept quiet.

"Good afternoon sir" We greeted.
"Afternoon" He replied.
He taught us letter writing and soon, he was out of the class. We had two more lectures that day before we closed for the day.

Harry and I were the only two remaining in the class. He was arranging his desk, so was I

"Hey" I said.

He looked at me and stopped what he was doing.

"Oh God, how would I say this?"
I thought as I used my hand to brush my hair to the back.

"Wanna ask you something" I said.
He didn't reply, but was still looking straight into my eyes.. In a calm way.

"I like how he looks at me though" I thought.

"Can you be my partner for.. For the.. Party?" I asked.
He dropped the note he was holding and moved closer to me.

"God, What's he gonna do? Kiss? Hug?" I thought as he moved closer and closer. He raised his hand and placed it on my forehead.

"Do you have a fever? Or you're sick somewhere in your head? How dare you ask me that? I've told you guys I'm not interested in those kinds of stuffs!" He replied, moving away from me.

I carried my bag and said
"There are so many sensible ways to refuse a proposal without being rude!" I then walked out on him.