8🎀

The Party.

The hall was very crowded and noisy. People moved in pairs and I was somehow envious of them.
I saw boys and girls hold themselves.
Many of them wore clothes that match their partners. They all looked beautiful.

I would have been too but I had no partner. Uh.. well, that's my problem.

I made my way to the passage by the hall as Jane said. I never knew I would meet someone there too.

Unfortunately, It was Harry. He sat on the bare floor, reading a book.

"Urrrgggg". I thought as I moved far away from him and sat. Thank God I brought a book too. I began to read and I was so lost in the book until Harry broke the silence.

"You followed me here didn't you?" He asked. I didn't want to start arguing so I simply said no, not looking at him.

"What are you now doing here when you're dressed like this?" He asked, checking me out.

"It's none of your concern". I replied.

He sighed and continued his book. I continued mine too.
I wasn't comfortable at all because he was here.

I thought of an alternative. If I go to the hall, I would be disgraced!
I thought and thought but I couldn't find any reasonable alternative so I faced my novel and continued to read.

An idea suddenly popped up in my head.
Call Mom!!
I decided to call mom to while away time since it's been a long since we talked.

I dialed her.
She didn't pick the call.
"Why isn't she picking now?
I dialed her again and she finally picked.

"Hey mom" I greeted.

How are you? She replied. Her voice was unusually cold.

"Am fine...Mom are you sick?" I asked.

"No. No." She replied, sniffing. It looked like she had been crying.

"Mom. Mom. What's the matter?
"Nothing my Pri. I just have a slight cold.. and that's all" She replied.

"Sorry, mom. Make sure you visit the doctor." I concluded as I ended the call but I was sure it wasn't cold. It was another thing entirely.

I placed my palms on my head and sighed. "Mom, what's going on?

Then suddenly, I heard my name.
"Where is Princess Mason?" I heard from the hall. It was our principal's voice.

"What did I do?" Did they find out I was hiding?? Omg, what am I going to say? I'm in trouble.  I thought as I dropped the book I was reading.
I looked at Harry and he showed no concern or fear.

I then said to him
"Don't worry... I'll call you if the Principal asks how many of us here!"
He didn't reply.

I ran as fast as my legs could carry me through the dress made me kind of slow.

"Come to my office right away. He commanded.

"What did I do? Did someone report me? Why the heck could the principal call me?" All these thoughts filled my head as I walked slowly to his office.

My heart started pounding when I reached the administrative block.
I entered and met some other teachers there. They all looked pale and sad.

"What could I have done that made these teachers sad? Or did something happen?"