eins: meeting marco

I was shaken out of my dream about unicorn eating hamburgers when my phone blared out my ear splittingly loud ringtone. I groaned and grabbed my phone off the table and slid my thumb across the screen to answer the phone.

"It's 6:44 AM. This better be good." I rasped out, sounding like the living embodiment of death.

A grim chuckle came out the other line.

"Honey, I woke up two hours ago," my agent, Anna, scoffed. "Anyway, we have a meeting at 8:00. Try to be on time and look presentable!" she said sternly before hanging up the phone.

I sighed and rubbed my eyes before deciding that I could just sleep for another five minutes before getting ready.

-

7:56 AM.

Technically, I wasn't late yet.

I speed walked out of the elevator, waved at the friendly receptionist by Anna's door and ran into Anna's office. I was about to start ranting about the fact that I wasn't late when I saw another man sitting by her desk reading over a few papers with her.

Their briefcases were opened and set on the table and they had highlighters in their hands.

After 3 years as Anna's client, this could mean two things: the best thing in my life was going to happen or I was going to be forced to do something I desperately didn't want to do.

Anna looked up when she saw the door open and she shot me a barely amused look before standing up. "Amelia, finally." She said, using my full name. I rolled my eyes at her and she walked over to me.

"This is Vincent Friedrich. Vincent, this is Mia." Anna smiled before introducing me to the man. He was probably around Anna's age and he looked very professional in a suit and tie.

"Very nice to meet you, Ms. Bauer." He grinned before shaking my hand firmly. 

"Nice to meet you too. And please, call me Mia." I told him. He nodded before the three of us sat down.

"I have to apologize for my client," Vincent murmured apologetically, "He's usually never late."

As if on cue, the door opened and somebody came tumbling in. "Sorry, I got lost." Was the first thing he said.

I turned to look at Vincent and Anna. Vincent looked annoyed and Anna looked like she just won the lottery.

I turned to look at the man again and felt my heart drop to the pit of my stomach when I recognized who he was. Marco Reus.

Most probably Germany's golden boy.

(It used to be Mario Gotze, but then he transferred to Bayern Munich and everyone lost their shit.)

"Marco, finally." Vincent murmured annoyed before standing up to give his client a handshake. 

"It's 8:04. I'm not late." Marco whisper-yelled at his agent and I had to stifle a laugh at that.

Anna stood up and shook Marco's hand while introducing herself and Marco nodded at her and replied politely. Anna turned towards me and mouthed 'stand up' and I quickly did.

"Marco, this is Ms. Amelia Bauer. Mia, this is Marco Reus." Vincent said. I nodded and moved forward to shake his hand.

Marco looked nervous but he plastered a smile on his face and so did I. We shook hands and that was all.

We sat back down beside our agents and Anna and Vincent took out the papers they were just working on before setting a stack of papers in front of Marco and I.

"What's going on?" I asked Anna.

Anna and Vincent looked at each other before giving each other silent nods. "Okay, we have a proposition for you guys."

My heart immediately started racing. I hoped nothing bad was going to happen.

Anna shifted and looked at Vincent before explaining.

"Mia, you're at the top of your game right now. You have a large and growing fan base, not just in Germany but also in other parts of the world," Anna said, "And Marco, you're also at the top of your game. You're young and you have a booming career in football, everybody knows that." She added.

"So, we decided to get you two to fake a relationship for 9 months." Vincent said, making my heart stop.

A fake relationship for almost a year with Marco Reus? No way. This can't be happening.

I didn't say anything for a while. I just waited for Ashton Kutcher to jump out of nowhere with a whole camera crew behind him, and then he'll laugh and tell Marco and I that we've been punk'd.

"Ashton's not coming, Mia. You can stop holding your breath." Anna told me and I groaned lightly before holding my head in my hands.

"But why? We barely know each other." Marco murmured.

"It doesn't matter," Vincent told his client, "The press won't know that. Let's be honest Marco, you have a very...lively nightlife and no football club wants a player that will go out and get drunk every night. You need to make it seem like you're in a committed relationship and being with a sweet girl like Mia would straighten your reputation out."

I furrowed my brows and looked up to see Marco's expression. He looked pale, pissed off and frustrated. "Are you serious? So I can't go out anymore?" he asked.

Vincent rolled his eyes, "Stop making it so difficult, Marco. Do you want to stay stuck in one place for the rest of your life? There are millions of opportunities out there for you.

Marco shook his head, "You can't do this to me-to both of us, anyway." He said. Vincent gave Marco an exasperated sigh before turning towards Anna.

"Sorry, kiddies. Management already approved of this. You can't really do anything about this." Anna said before sliding my contract towards me. "Feel free to read the contract first. I'm afraid you can't get out of this. Maybe we'll be able to reduce the time of this 'relationship', but you can't terminate the contract right away."

I looked at Marco and he looked at me too before quickly looking down at his contract. He heaved a large sigh before grabbing the pen roughly from Vincent's grip and signing the contract hastily.

I followed in his lead and signed just above my name before setting the pen back down. I haven't said anything and I knew that Anna didn't need me to say anything to know that I was pissed off with her.

"Great!" Anna chirped, "Now! Why don't you try going out on one date?"

//

(A/N): First attempt at this story! What did you guys think?