achtundzwanzig: falling for you

((a/n: gif above is how i imagined them cuddling :3))

2:43 AM.

Those numbers were just blinking up tauntingly at Mia. The red LED numbers flashed on and off again and she swore she could've felt the walls of her bedroom closing in on her.

It was the night before her World Tour kicked off. In less than 8 hours, she'd be on a plane travelling all the way to a whole new city. It was just going to be her and her crew for the next few months - not that she minded, but the whole idea of moving around so much was eating her up.

She turned over in her position and stared up at the ceiling. She felt like she couldn't get comfortable in any position that she laid in and it was killing her.

The window allowed a small sliver of moonlight to pass through and it gave her a sense of reassurance.

"Mia?" she heard a groggy voice from beside her. She stopped moving around and slowly turned to look at Marco who was slowly blinking at her. "I'm sorry, did I wake you?" she asked him quietly.

Marco shrugged and ran a hand through his hair before sitting up a bit. "What's wrong, Schatz?" he asked sleepily, fighting back a yawn as he looked at Mia.

There was barely any light in the room but he could clearly see her bright blue eyes looking up at him worriedly. "I'm just...nervous." she whispered.

It was Mia's first World Tour and everyone in the crew's been so excited for this moment. She was reaching the peak of her career with almost all her shows being sold out; but everyone gets nervous sometimes and everyone does get scared eventually.

"You don't have to be," Marco whispered, slowly tugging her towards him until she laid her head on his chest where she calmed down a little bit when she heard his heart beating loudly and quickly. "I know you'll do great."

Mia smiled a little bit when she felt Marco threading his fingers through her hair slowly, playing with it and forming it into little knots (that would be an absolute pain to sort out in the morning).

Both of them had dreaded the day she'd leave for tour. Neither Marco nor Mia really talked about the tour until a few weeks before she left. He managed to make time for her through his hectic schedule and she did the same for him even though it did leave Anna and Vincent a little bit suspicious.

He's spent most of his nights at her place and they both found comfort within the fluffy pillows and the thick blankets and the crazy amounts of pizza that they ordered.

"Thanks, Reus."

"Besides, you'll be back after two months, right? That's no time. That's like...61 days." he trailed off quietly, making Mia chuckle softly. At this point, Marco didn't know if he was just reassuring Mia or himself.

"61 days." Mia echoed.

Marco slid his hand underneath the fabric of her shirt so that he was touching her back. He lightly traced patterns at the bottom of her tailbone, making Mia sigh contentedly. "Yeah, and we'll be just fine."

"We will." Mia repeated, feeling her eyelids droop down.

"And when you come back, I'll be the first one at the airport screaming your name like a crazy person."

"You will."

"And then you'll jump into my arms and we'll go home."

"We will."

"And we'll order pizza and eat ice cream. Just lots and lots of vanilla ice-"

"Mint chocolate chip, Reus." she corrected him for the first time in a while.