dreißig: midnight

MARCO

I took a sip of my drink and winced as the vile alcohol slid down my throat. I put my glass down and turned around to see Sven walking towards me. He sat down on the seat next to me and patted my shoulder.

"Why are you sitting here all alone? When I invited you I wanted you to have a good time and loosen up. Not sit here all by yourself."

I rolled my eyes and took another sip of my drink, "Why didn't you tell me Daniela was coming?" I groaned slightly. He looked guilty for a moment and looked down at his hands, "I thought you guys were over whatever it is that you had." he said.

I shrugged, "We never really talked about it which is why it was so awkward. We just stopped talking and that was all."

Sven took a sip of his beer and turned towards me, "I just felt bad because I ditched her when we were supposed to go out last week and she heard me talking about the club so she asked if she could come. I couldn't say no to her."

I fisted my hair and groaned softly, "Maybe you should've told me."

"Right, I'm sorry," Sven apologised. He set his beer back on the table and turned towards me, "I don't even know where she is now. I bet she won't disturb you. Don't let her ruin your night, Marco."

As if on cue, Auba, Mats, Erik, Roman, Nuri and Kevin ran over towards us laughing about something. "Shots, yes?" Roman yelled, making all the other guys yell in excitement.

They all turned towards me quietly, sneaking glances at each other. After thinking about it for a second, I finally exhaled and shot them all a cheeky smirk.

"Fine, let's do it." I said, making everyone chorus in cheers. The bartender immediately got our shots, not bothering to tell us what was in them because he knew we'd drink them all anyway.

We all grabbed a tiny shot glass each and looked at each other in anticipation. "On three, ready?" Auba grinned. "One, two, three!"

We all downed the shots and slammed the glasses back on the table. I could feel the strong alcohol slithering down my throat, leaving a bad aftertaste and a burning feeling behind.

Everyone winced and some even pounded their chests to get the feeling out. After we all calmed down for a while, Auba cheered and clapped his hands twice.

"More, more, more!" he chanted happily as he ordered another round of shots which the bartender happily prepared.

After the fifth round, the night was a blur.

+

MIA

"Mia, we can't wait any longer," I heard Anna say. 

I looked down at my phone and up at her, "Just a few more minutes. Please?" I asked her.

"You said that a few minutes ago, you'll be fine without a call from him." Anna sighed stressfully. I took a deep breath as a staff member handed me a mic. I thanked him and turned towards the mirror to check my amazing outfit again.

I could hear the roar and the chants of the crowd even from inside my dressing room. They were all screaming my name, singing my songs, asking me to perform for them. It still amazed me to no end.

I glanced at my phone one more time for any sign of Marco. For the past 3 weeks, I'd call him or he'd call me before every show so it could calm me down a little bit. It definitely worked but now he wasn't picking up my calls and he hasn't called me yet.

He promised he'd call me before going to the club but I guess he forgot.

My heart dropped a little bit at the fact but then again, he could've been too busy with his friends or maybe there was no signal inside the club or he didn't have enough battery to call me.