dreiundzwanzig: summer holidays

MIA

"GOAL!" Marco yelled as he jolted on the couch, throwing his bowl of popcorn all over me. "MIA! THIS IS AMAZING!" he yelled as if I were three hundred feet away from him when I was actually sat right next to him.

"YES, IT IS, MARCO! STOP SCREAMING!" I yelled back, making him grin and pop some popcorn into his mouth. "This is amazing, I'm so proud of them." Marco smiled.

Germany was playing their first match of the World Cup against Portugal and it was going great. The score was 4-0 and the game was going to come to an end soon.

The match went along smoothly - apart from when Pepe headbutted Thomas and got a red card.

(Marco laughed his ass off at that.)

Marco and I were supposed to be at Anna's office for a meeting about something important. We were actually supposed to be there five minutes ago but one does not simply leave when the World Cup is on TV.

A few minutes later, the game ended and we were finally ready to go. When Marco and I got off the couch, there was a mess of popcorn, chips and chocolate cookie crumbles left behind.

Marco grabbed his crutches and "speed-crutched" towards the door. I followed behind him and we left his house quickly.

Marco was healing pretty well and the doctors said he could ditch the crutches soon, although he had to wear a huge brace thing to make sure the leg mends okay.

He got into the passenger seat of my car and tossed his crutches in the backseat carelessly, making me roll my eyes at him. I pulled the seatbelt over my chest and made sure he did the same before driving to Anna's office.

Marco grabbed the Aux cord and plugged it into his phone. "No, no, no, the last time you had the cord you played Justin Bieber for 30 minutes straight." I told him, using one hand to try and snatch his phone away.

"Relax, I won't play Bieber." Marco scoffed back before tapping his phone. Sam Smith's voice filled the car, making me drop my hand to my side.

"Good choice, Reus."

"Now that I got on your good side, can I play Bieber after this?"

"Leave the car!"

-

Marco and I stood in front of Anna's door, trying to make up a lie to why we were so late. Anna hated when people were late and apparently, Vincent did too.

"Let's just blame it on my leg, that's not so hard." Marco whispered. 

"It took us 45 minutes to get your leg in the car?" I hissed back.

He shrugged, "Tell them you were taking a dump."

"What? Why me?"

"Fine, tell them I was taking a dump."

"Is it believable, though?"

"Yeah, definitely. 'I was taking a dump' is always a good excuse." Marco said in a relaxed way before pushing open the door to Anna's office.

She was sat behind her desk with Vincent. They both looked up at us and shot us glares, "You're late." Anna said sternly.

Marco turned towards me and smirked, "Mia Bauer here had to go do a number 2. Sorry it took so long."

I gasped and smacked his arm, "I did not. Marco had leg problems so it took us quite a long time." I shot back.

Anna and Vincent looked at each other and rolled their eyes. "Give it a break, we know you were watching a match. We have Twitter too, you know?" Vincent sassed.

I shot Marco a glare, which he just brushed off. We sat down on the comfortable couch in the center of the room and Marco grabbed the TV remote from the table.

"No, not yet!" Vincent said quickly before motioning for Marco to drop the remote. Anna and Vincent grabbed the papers from their desk and sat down across from us on the couch before handing us an envelope each.

I glanced at Marco skeptically but he was already halfway through ripping his envelope open. I followed after him and opened the brown envelope before pulling out the papers from inside.

I read over the text on the paper and nearly choked on my own spit.

"Paris?!" I sputtered, making Anna and Vincent jump in surprise. I turned towards Marco who was still reading his paper. Five seconds later, he looked at Anna and Vincent shocked.

"Paris?" he mumbled, sounding absolutely confused.

Anna nodded and took the papers from me, "Yeah, Paris. Vincent and I took the liberty of booking you guys a nice summer vacation to Paris, isn't that nice?"

I glanced at Marco who had his mouth wide open as he stared at Anna and Vincent in shock. I've been to Paris a few times but simply for my job so I haven't been able to really enjoy it - but going for a week with my fake boyfriend wasn't really the way.

"You'll be there for 7 days," Vincent said, putting down the papers. "I booked a quiet little hotel in a more secluded part of Paris so you'll be able to enjoy it. However - don't get too comfortable because there will be a lot of paparazzi."

Anna nodded happily, "Think about it! It'll be good for your image. A lovely, romantic little summer getaway to the City of Love. Isn't it adorable?"

"But what about his leg?" I asked them, "Did you forget he only has half a leg?"

"Easy there, Bauer." Marco said sarcastically while rolling his eyes. Anna nodded and passed Marco an envelope with the hospital's crest printed on it.

"We contacted your doctor and he said that you'd be alright for the trip. Don't fuss over it, you're going to go in two weeks so all Marco needs is a brace, which the doctor said would be fine and won't cause too much pain." Vincent explained.

"But...the World Cup." Marco pouted.

"Don't be dramatic, Marco. They have TVs in France." Vincent sassed, making Marco groan and run a hand through his hair exasperatedly.

After going after a few more details, Marco and I both stood up so that I could drive him back to his place and so Marco could spend the rest of the day lounging around with only his boxers and a PS4 controller wedged between his two hands.

Just as we were about to leave, Vincent whistled to get our attention.

"I forgot to mention, it's a single-bedroom hotel suite. Have fun!"

//

this was just a filler chapter bUT ITS GETTING EXCITING ALREADY!!

AND i know that it takes a longer time for someone's leg to heal after an injury but lets just pretend for the sake of this book because i hAVE BIG PLANS

vincent and anna are actually pretty smart bastards lmao

i hope you liked this chapter! please comment and vote and tell me what you thought :)

happy reading lovelies!xx