sechzehn: das finale

MIA

2-0.

That was the score at the end of the game.

The game went into extra time after both teams failed to score any goals in the first 90 minutes. It all went downhill from there with Thomas Muller and Arjen Robben both scoring goals in extra time.

The BVB fans were reduced to silence, and some even tears as they watched the players switching shirts with some of the Bayern Munich players.

My eyes instantly scanned the pitch for Marco when I saw him talking to Mario Götze. Marco was looking down and he looked utterly disappointed in himself as Mario tried to comfort him.

Mats and some other players were clapping for the fans although they looked bitter, frustrated and disappointed. My heart sank to the pit of my stomach as I watched Marco cover his face for a while before giving Mario a hug. He applauded the fans with pursed lips before ducking down to enter the tunnel.

"Oh no," Cathy finally murmured from beside me. "They must be so disappointed." She breathed out.

"Should we go down?" Cathy asked. Tugba shook her head, "No, Jürgen will probably want to talk to them. We can meet them back at the hotel."

I nodded and the three of us stood up before making our way out of the stadium.

MARCO

I stayed quiet as the whole team filed out of the bus and into the hotel we were staying in. Reporters and paparazzi were already there, trying to document our every move.

Questions were being shouted at me, but I made no move to answer any of them like Mats, Sebastian and Jürgen were doing. I needed to get someplace quiet where I could be alone with my thoughts.

I sent a small nod to Mats, signaling that I was going to be upstairs. He nodded back and I entered the hotel quickly, entering the elevator. My fingers reached out to press the button to my floor but I stopped myself short.

I jabbed the button of the floor underneath mine and leaned back against the wall.

As I stood in the elevator, I felt all the disappointment weigh down on me once again. I looked down and wiped the corner of my eye with my jacket sleeve and took a deep breath.

The doors opened and I exited the elevator. I rounded the corner that would lead to the rooms and I walked down the long hallway. I stopped right outside her door and rang the bell.

3RD PERSON

"Hold on a second!" Mia called from inside the room. She quickly hopped off the bed and ran towards the door, not bothering to check whom it was before opening it.

Marco stood in front of her looking tired, sad and disappointed. His hair was messy and disheveled and his eyes were red.

"Mia..." he whimpered.

"Hey, Reus." She whispered, her blue eyes searching his green ones as she reached out to take his hand in hers. "Are you feeling okay?" she asked, rubbing her thumb over his.

He looked down at their interlocked hands and sighed, shaking his head. "Can I come in?" he whispered. Mia nodded and led him into the room, closing the door behind him.

Marco sat down on the edge of her bed and covered his face with his hands and let out a deep breath. "I'm sorry." He finally said.

Mia tilted her head, "For what?" she asked him. 

Marco looked up at her and sighed, "I've disappointed you. I've disappointed everyone..." he trailed off, only to be stopped by Mia.

She swiftly sat down beside him and took his hand in hers again. "Marco, you didn't disappoint me. You could never disappoint me. You were amazing out there, okay?"

Marco tore his gaze away from the floor and to Mia's eyes. "Danke." He whispered, leaning forward to lightly kiss her cheek. She smiled up at him, her heart jumping happily.

Mia wrapped her arms around him, nestling her head into the crook of his neck. Smiling softly to herself, Mia leaned up and cheekily pecked Marco's jaw.

"It's going to be okay," Mia said, pulling away from him. "What do you say we watch a movie and stuff our face with room service? You'll feel a lot better after that, take my advice."

Marco nodded, watching as Mia picked a movie quickly, lightly humming one of her songs under her breath as she sorted through the selection of films.

And for the first time after the match, he smiled.

MARCO

After a pizza, a pint of ice cream and 2 of the Hangover movies, Mia was knocked out cold beside me. She had gone from sitting up against the headboard to completely drooping down to snuggled up beside me, eyes closed as she slept.

After the credits rolled, I looked down at her face and moved some hair out of her face so she'd be more comfortable. Her long eyelashes grazed her cheek as she slept peacefully, lips twitched up in a small smile.

My heart was pounding loudly as I looked down at her. My face heated up as I realized that the once-strange feeling came running back towards me, hitting me square in the jaw.

I'm in love with Mia Bauer.

//

:( this chapter made me sad bc it brings back all the bad memories of bvb losing that final and pLS hold me

but hey marco finally admitted it ;) i hope you guys liked this chapter! pls comment and vote and all that stuff

happy reading, my lovelies! xx