zweiunddreißig: telephone calls

MIA

I looked up at the plain white ceiling, thoughts running around in my mind. Moonlight was streaming into the room, but that was the only source of light here.

I was mentally and phsycially exhausted, but I just couldn't sleep.

The crew and I flew out to Augsburg early in the morning for our next show. I was happy that we were someplace else so I could focus on the tour again, but all I could think about was Marco. Anna hasn't told me anything about the agreement, all she said was that 'she was working on it with Vincent'.

I turned on my side and hugged the pillow close to my chest, closing my eyes tightly as I tried to go to sleep.

Just as I was about to drift off, my phone started vibrating on the table beside me. I opened my eyes again and sighed loudly before grabbing the phone and taking the charger off it.

I furrowed my brows when I saw 'Mats Hummels' flashed across the screen of my phone, but I slid my thumb across the screen and answered it anyway. "Mats? It's 1—"

"It's not Mats."

My heart dropped to the bottom of my stomach as I realized it was Marco who was talking. My mouth went dry and I could hear my heart beating loudly in my chest.

"Marco, it's late. I have a busy day tomorrow. Can you—"

"Mia, I need you to listen to me. You haven't been answering any of my calls and I just need to talk to you. I know I'm in no position to be asking for favors, but can you please hear me out? Just listen to me."

I clamped my hand over my mouth as I tried to stifle the little sobs that threatened to pour out from my lips. I didn't say anything, I just waited for him to talk.

Marco took a deep breath and he finally started talking. "I fücked up bad, Mia. I know that and I'm sorry. There are no excuses for what I did and I just want you to know how badly I want to beat myself up for what I've done to you."

I felt terrible before, but now hearing the words coming from him made the situation a thousand times more real. I curled up into a fetal position as I kept the phone close to my ear, hearing him talk to me.

"I just want you to know now that I was drunk and that I never had any intention to ever be with Daniela. That was all in the past - way before I met you - although I'm not using that as an excuse," he said quietly, "I hate that I have to apologize over the phone. I'm going crazy over this, Mia."

I sniffled and finally a muffled sob forced its way out of me.

I heard Marco shifting on the other end and I could hear his jagged breaths. "Mia..." he whimpered out, his voice trailing off. "Schatz, please, please don't cry."

But by then, the tears were already racing down my cheeks. My pillow dampened and I furiously wiped the tears away from my cheeks as tried to stop crying.

"Shit, Mia," Marco silently said again from the other end, his voice breaking as I heard him sniffle too. "I am so, so, so, sorry, Schatzi. Tell me what I can do to make you happy again. I'll do anything, Mia."

I swiped at the tears underneath my eyes and finally took a deep breath to try and compose myself. The images of Marco and Daniela together were burned into my mind and I couldn't forget about it.

"You can't have me forever, Marco." I finally uttered out, shakily reaching to press the 'end button on my phone'.

"I know," he replied, "But I can try."

I tugged at my hair as more tears fell down my face. I found it hard to breathe as more tears pooled over my eyes. I quietly took a breath and got ready to press the angry, red end call button again.

"Mia, I just want you to know now that I love you."

I shut my eyes tightly as I tried to forget about what he just said to me and focus on getting my mind off him.

"Goodnight, Marco."

+

MARCO

"Goodnight, Marco."

The last thing I heard was the steady beeping of the ringer tone. I cursed to myself as I dropped Mats' phone onto the bed, pressing the bottom of my palms to my eyes as I tried to stop the tears.

I took a deep breath to try and coax oxygen back into my lungs but all I got was another round of tears.

"Marco, open up!" I heard Mats yelling from outside. I huffed and stood up, taking his phone along with me. I may or may not have taken his phone when he wasn't looking and locked him out of his room to call Mia.

I opened the door and he nearly fell into the room. He glared at me and grabbed his phone back from my hands, "What happened?" he asked, looking into my red eyes.

I ran a hand through my hair and tugged at it before shaking my head and sighing.

"I think I've lost her for good this time, Mats."

//

yiiikkes

mats is me when someone takes my phone lmao

hope you liked this chapter ??? i didnt

and this was sooo short :( sorry !! the next chapter will (hopefully) be better than this

happy reading lovelies!xx