fünf: date night

My phone blared out my ringtone and I quickly picked it up from beside me. I slid my thumb over the screen and held it to my ear.

  "Hallo?"

  "How's my favorite client doing?" Anna asked from the other end of the call. I rolled my eyes, knowing that she was probably calling for something Marco-related.

  "I'm fine, Anna. What's up?" I replied.

  It was a beautiful day in Dortmund. It wasn't as cold as it usually was and I was sitting out in my garden with a good book and some music, just enjoying the sun while it lasted.

  "So, I scheduled a date for you and Marco tonight." she said. I groaned and she 'tsk'ed from the other end.

  "How do you know I'm not doing anything with my friends?" I asked her as I twirled my hair around my finger.

  She let out a loud laugh from the other end, "Your only close friend isn't even in Dortmund right now. Who else are you going to hang out with?"

  I pouted, "Hey! I have other friends." I shot back.

  "Sure, you do. So, are you good for the date tonight?" she asked me. I bit back a snarky comment, but I knew I had to do anything she told me to do. I was getting more media attention now that I was 'dating' Marco, but secretly hoped that Anna could get me out of the contract early.

  As cheesy as it may sound, I wanted to be known as Mia Bauer, not as Marco Reus' girlfriend.

  "Yeah, okay." I murmured.

  "Great! You're going to this new restaurant just a few minutes away from the Signal Iduna Park. Vincent already talked to Marco and he said he'll pick you up at around 6. I booked it under Reus. Okay?" Anna said.

  I went through it all in my head again. "Okay." I finally said.

  "Have fun tonight! And again, try and look like you're madly in love with him."

  -

  I stood in front of my full-length mirror dressed in a fancy black skater dress. I braided part of my hair down to the side and left the rest in its natural waves. I was wearing a necklace and black stiletto pumps.

  I heard a honk outside my house and I took a few deep breaths before grabbing my black clutch from the table and walking downstairs. I made sure that I had everything before walking towards Marco's car.

  I opened the door and he turned to smile at me. I hated to admit it, but Marco looked really good. His hair was left how it always was but he was wearing slim fit dark blue denim jeans and a light blue chambray shirt.

  "Hey," he smiled.

  "Hi." I squeaked out before getting into the car.

  "You look pretty." he told me. I blushed and looked down at my hands before thanking him. He started driving to wherever we were going and I was thankful that the radio was on, otherwise it'd get so awkward that I'd probably have to throw myself out of the car via window.

  "So, where are we going?" I finally asked him.

  He turned down the volume of the radio a bit, "I don't know. I've never been there but my teammates say the food's good." he replied. I leaned back onto the leather seats of his car and fiddled with my fingers.

  After a few more minutes, Marco pulled the car up outside the restaurant. It was a fancy place, and I knew that this was one of those places where if you came in wearing something a little less than fancy, you'd get stared down by people.

  "You ready?" he asked me. I nodded and he shot me a small reassuring smile before we got out of the car at the same time. Marco handed his keys over to the valet before lacing his fingers through mine. His hand was slightly larger than mine, and I felt less nervous (kill me for being cheesy) with his hand in mine.

  "Reservation for Reus." Marco told the lady. She gaped at the sight of Marco and she was obviously trying to make him notice her. I stopped myself from rolling my eyes before following Marco to our table.

  The table was in a small part of the restaurant, somewhere in the corner. People could still see us, but the focus wasn't all on us. I sat down across from Marco and the waitress smiled at him before handing the both of us a menu each.

  I opened up the menu and scanned it. The food cost a lot and I was beginning to feel uneasy for being here. I glanced at Marco who looked like he was fighting back a laugh.

  "What?" I chuckled.

  He looked up from his menu and shook his head, "Nothing. I'm just thinking about how clueless I am about all this fancy stuff," he said, putting the menu down. "I'll just get whatever you're getting. Unless it's a salad. I don't do salads." he told me.

  I smiled at him uneasily and set my menu down too, "I don't know what to get either. Should we just ask them to surprise us or something?" I asked him.

  He stared at me for a few seconds before laughing. "Mia, I think that only works in movies. What if they bring us a plate of dog shit?" Marco asked.

  I looked around the restaurant, "I don't think they'll give us back a plate of dog shit, Reus..."

  He shrugged. I looked out the window and my stomach grumbled when I thought about eating at a normal diner where I didn't really have to have manners. "Let's just go get McDonalds." I joked. Marco looked at me for a few seconds before nodding and standing up.

  "Good idea, Bauer. Let's go." he said.

  "What? Marco, I was joking. Sit down." I told him.

  He shot me a cheeky grin, "Would you rather get a burger or a plate of dog shit?" he joked. I chuckled and mentally face-palmed myself.

  "But Anna and Vincent are going to kill us." I told him.

  He shrugged, "It's okay, I'll take the blame. Now, come on, I'm starving." he said, stretching his hand out for me to take. I took it and he led me out of the restaurant, earning us looks from several people.

  So that's how I ended my night: at McDonalds, having one of the best nights of my life with my boyfriend.

//

tbh marco and mia are me

mcdonalds > fancy food anyday :3

hope you guys liked this chapterrr!! make sure to comment what you thought about this one :) x