Promises for a Lifetime Part 1

Part 1/2

Amari: Age 21

To say the news tabloids were excited for the upcoming wedding of pro heroes Ember and Shoto was clearly and understatement. In fact, you'd think they were royalty from another country with the amount of coverage and gossip going on about the topic.

And they kind of were in a way. To Japan, the Todoroki's were one of the most influential and powerful families with their father Endeavor being the number one hero and just the idea of one of his sons marrying was something that made thousands of hopeful onlookers both swoon and become jealous over.

It also didn't help that both parties were heroes which meant their popularity had grown over the years into that hottest "It couple" there ever was. The truth was, whether you liked it or not, if you lived in Japan chances are you knew about the wedding.

But for Amari and Todoroki, they never look at it that way. It wasn't about the fame or the press or the power that they held. No, they were just excited to finally be able to live with each other fully for the rest of their lives. It was as simple as that.

So much so that the girl found herself running a nervous hand through her hair, picking up a swatch of fabric before examining the color for a maid. "Ahh I don't know! They all look the same to me."

Although a small laugh from Fuyumi next to her caused the woman to pick up the fabric lightly. "Not at all Amari. This one is Pale Marigold and the last one you looked at was Old Gold. See?"

Picking up the other color, the blonde haired girl narrowed her eyes at the two exact same colors before groaning. "No, I don't. Is this really necessary? I mean, are people really going to notice the color of the drapes for the entryway? You should just pick, I'm sure it will be great either way.."

Yet the minute she said that, the maid gasped in utter horror before shaking her head roughly. "That won't do Miss Bakugo. Every detail is of the utmost important to this event! Hundreds of people will be at your engagement party and they will only accept the best..."

At the heavy amount of pressure, Amari threw another hand into her hair before giving a frustration sigh. "I know, don't remind me.."

And Bakugo really meant that because this engagement party for the public was really starting to make her go insane. Every single detail, everything was so particular and Amari had no idea where to even start with this.

The sad fact was, Todoroki and her lifestyles were not the same in the slightest so all these little things that the maids wanted her to pick, she had no clue on. Amari wasn't fancy by any means and that really showed here.

But then again she supposed this was the world she was marrying into, the one that she would have to figure out sooner rather than later if she wanted to stay with the love of her life. "Fine fine. Uhhh go with the Pale Marigold one then."

She seemed happy with that, bowing in response a moment later. "As you wish Miss."

Watching her leave was the best feeling she had all day, the girl immediately dropping her shoulders as Fuyumi put a supportive hand to her back. "I know it's a lot, but if it means anything I think you're doing great Amari."

Bakugo then turned to her soon to be sister in law before smiling weakly. "Thanks but all of this is still so new to me. Do we really have to have this big event? I wouldn't mind if it was just a small gathering. I don't need any of this."

The humbleness in her eyes caused Fuyumi to squeeze her shoulder once. "I know, but I don't really think that's possible with our family. I'm sorry."