S3 Chapter 15

Hello! Ashley here! I decided to save Katsuki's confession for the next chapter since I really want it to get its own spotlight and be special. I hope you don't mind but in the meantime, enjoy this pain!

----------------

The next day, Amari stared at herself in the mirror while straightening her tie and trying to force a smile onto her face. Well she tried, but unfortunately the girl just couldn't muster anything right now. She had barely even slept last night after her conversation with Endeavor.

Ignoring the heavy bags under his eyelids, she heard the loud knock on her door and sighed. It was ritual for Katsuki to come get her every morning now so that must have been him.

Amari grabbed her bag before meeting her brother without a word. Bakugo could clearly see her tired expression and sullen stance, calling her out on it right away. "Geez Amari, you look like shit."

Usually she would've been annoyed with that but the girl could only lower her eyes, muttering back. "Great, thanks."

Her voice sounded so defeated and drained, like the spark inside her blew out and now she was just a hollow shell. Bakugo couldn't help but think about what he saw last night, wanting to call her out on that as well but held back somehow. Now wasn't the time.

Amari turned her head towards him then, a small amount of interest in her tone along with confusion. "Why are you staring at me?"

Blinking in surprise, Katsuki broke his gaze, not realizing he had been staring in the first place. "No reason. Come on, get your ass moving already, will you?"

Then he grabbed both of her shoulders before dragging his sister out of the dorms and towards their classes. Amari just let him do as he pleased though, not really seeing the point in stopping him anyways which concerned him even more. She wasn't usually this passive.

Seeing the gates in the distance, the twins started to hear the other students talk about them, the rumors just as fresh as ever. Katsuki balled his fists at this, wanting nothing more than to put them in their place. "Why you...!"

But before he could yell at them, Amari placed a hand on his arm, lowering his fists with a defeated sigh. "It's not worth it Katsuki. No matter what you do it's not going to stop them."

Shaking his head in disbelief, Bakugo ripped his arm away from her, not liking what he was hearing. It was like she was giving up and beleving those stupid rumors. "Okay, just what the hell is wrong with you today? Why are you letting them say that crap?! They need to know that no one makes fun of my sister and lives.."

Although all he got was a half hearted shrug. "As much as I appreciate the support, it's a lost cause. There's no point in arguing with them."

Katsuki was stunned by her response. Was this really the same girl that threatened the number two hero and fought her way into the hero course? It was like she was a completely different person. "Who the fuck even are you right now, cause you're certainly not my sister. When did you become such a pussy? Don't let them say that crap to you."

Closing her eyes for a moment, Amari spoke back, this time with a small bit of malice. "I'm just trying to face the facts. Why even try to change their minds if all they are going to see is a villain?"

He opened his mouth to reply when another voice beat him to it. "Amari-chan, Kacchan!"

They turned to find Deku running up to them, laying eyes on Amari first. "Hey Amari-chan, how are you doing with everything? I haven't really gotten a chance to talk to you and I know it can't be easy."