S4 Chapter 7

Dabi heard his name echo through the walls of his cell, beckoning him closer to find a guard staring back. "You have a visitor, let's go."

Frowning he had no other choice but to follow the man into the room only to meet those same annoying red eyes he had come to know. This girl was really getting on his nerves. It seemed she visited him twice a week now, and he was forced to listen to her constant ramblings.

Amari smiled from the chair though, like nothing was wrong at all. It was sickenly sweet as usual too "Hello Toya, how have you been this week?"

The man groaned back before flopping into his own chair. "Would you stop calling me that. Now I regret telling you that piece of information. What could you possibly want now?"

Although the girl didn't seem bothered only replying shortly. "I already told you, I'm not going to call you by your villain name Toya, so you can forget that. And forgive me for being interested in your life.."

The villain only grumbled though, answering back sarcastically. "My life behind bars? Ah yes, it's very luxurious, thanks for asking."

Amari felt slightly guilty at that, knowing she was the one that put him there. "You know, you wouldn't have to deal with that if you decided to come home."

Dabi only chuckled in response. "On second thought, it's growing on me. I forgot that anything is better than that hellhole. By the way, what did my dear brother say when you told him I was alive? I'm curious how little Sho acted."

That's when Amari played with her hands before answering small. "He doesn't know."

To that, Dabi raised an eye. "Really? And what about coming to visit me all the time, have you told him that?"

The girl only put her head down, signifying that she had not told him. That made the villain even more amused. "Oh wow sweetheart, I didn't know you had it in you to lie to my little brother like that. You know, lying isn't something a hero would do.."

He was picking on her and Amari knew it, only shaking her head. She wouldn't call it lying, she was just withholding information. "It's not my business to tell him. It's yours."

They locked eyes then only for Dabi to shrug. "Then I guess he'll never know because I don't plan on telling him. That will only make him want to pursue me as well and I already have plenty of annoyance from you right now."

Frowning back, Amari had tried everything within her power to talk about her interactions with his family in hopes that it would make him nostalgic. That wasn't a case though. "So, I'm dying to know, what is this big plan you have for me anyways? What are you going to do to convince me to 'come home' as you say. Go on, tell me..."

She remained silently at that, causing the man to raise an eye. "Hold on, you don't have a plan, do you? You talk all high and mighty but I bet you're just forcing me to talk to you because you're lonely or something, right? Well, I hate to break it to you but small talk and some past family stories isn't going to change anything."

Balling her hands into a fist, Amari shook her head, knowing that he was right in a sense. She had no idea how to convince Toya to go back to his family. It seemed almost impossible, but for Todoroki she wasn't about to give up.

She then stood up from her chair roughly. "Don't you want to know what everyone is doing? About how Shoto is trying for his hero license again, or how Fuyumi freaked out when she found out he had a girlfriend, or Natsuo when he kidnapped me and told me how much he missed you, or how your mother tells me that she wishes for your happiness, or how Endeavor is training me even though I'm weak, how he's given me a chance to..."