S4 Chapter 8

Deku stepped into the classroom before feeling a cold chill blow past them for some reason. It felt like the room had both metaphorically and physically dropped in temperature then what he was used to. That was certainly strange.

Stepping inside, the rest of the students eyed Deku as he spoke, now rather nervously because of the atmosphere. "Hey guys, umm is there something wrong? The air in here feels tense for some reason. I hope everything's alright."

Urakara looked between her classmates before whispering back to the boy softly. "It's Todoroki. He seems to be in a bad mood today. I tried to ask what was wrong but he didn't answer. It seems only Amari can ever get anything out of him..."

At the boy's name, Deku looked towards the back of the classroom only to see Todoroki sitting down at his desk, his arms closed over his chest in deep thought. His eyes were closed but even Deku could see the unhappy frown lines on his forehead. He did look kinda upset.

Just then Denki pipped in, flopping himself onto Urakara's desk before sighing under his breath. "If you ask me, the guy is always in a bad mood."

Aoyama gazed at his nails in response before adding. "Perhaps it was a lovers quarrel?"

Although as he finished saying that, Todoroki's voice echoed back towards them, an unhappy tone to it. Obviously he wasn't enjoying the conversation. "You do know I'm still in the room, correct?"

Everyone shivered as a cold chill blew through the entire room, causing them to shut up fairly quickly. A grumpy Todoroki was not fun at all. They needed to fix this and fast. If only Amari was here...

Just then Mina got an idea, now strolling up to Deku and placing a hand on his shoulders and pushing him in the direction of Todoroki. "Deku, go find out what's wrong."

Squeezing his eyes in confusion, the boy protested, not wanting to bother his friend. Although the pink haired girl already knew this would be the perfect plan. Who could possibly get upset with Deku, well besides Katsuki. He was like a little cinnamon roll of happiness. Sure they didn't have Amari but he was the next best thing.

She pushed him again, causing Deku to slam his knee into Todoroki's desk before gaining the boy's attention. Shoot, now he had to say something. "Hey Todoroki! Uhh I couldn't help but notice you seem a little upset. Is everything okay?"

Staring back at the boy, Deku froze before he only sighed. He seemed really bothered by something. "Just, confused."

Of course that didn't make any sense, causing Deku to laugh out of nervousness. Wasn't Todoroki always confused? "Oh well, if you need anyone to talk to about it, I'm always here! I know talking my feelings out helps me feel better sometimes."

Todoroki seemed to think about this idea before replying. "Even though I told Amari I wouldn't support her training with my old man, she decided to go to him anyways. I don't understand why she would do that kind of thing. It's frustrating..."

Well that confirmed it for Deku, it was definitely a lovers quarrel. But of course that made sense. No one could get Todoroki as emotional as Amari could. It's like she brought out this side of him.

Thinking about that giant meeting with all those heros, Amari seemed rather comfortable with Endeavor, even though he was a scary man. That couldn't have been easy. "Maybe Amari-chan has something she has to do? I know she wouldn't betray you on purpose, Todoroki. She really cares about you."

The boy only shook his head at that. "I know that, I just wish she would stop running into danger so willingly. My heart feels uneasy when I think about her getting hurt again."