S3 Chapter 12

After an agonizing long week, Amari was finally able to leave the hospital, but where she was going after that was still unknown. Would they come and take her to prison like society wants them to, or would she be sent back to America with her bags packed? It didn't really matter either way, both options were painful.

Hearing the door open next to her, Amari picked up her bag and found All Might staring back at her with sad, pitying eyes. She hated that look more than anything and had tried so hard to avoid that reaction. Seeing it now was kind of comical in its own light. "Young Bakugo, how are you feeling?"

She looked down at the floor before trying to smile, but finding it difficult to for some reason. "Oh you know, still living. So, are you here to put me in handcuffs and drag me away to prison or what? If you're gonna do it then just get on with it already."

All Might took in her expression for a moment before sitting down in the chair next to him. "About that, it seems I was able to come to an agreement with the rest of the school board. We all think it would be the safest for you to stay at U.A."

Amari's head turned to the hero's all at once, hope now in her eyes. "Wait, I can stay in the hero course?"

Although she was met with a dejected look. "I would like to do that but unfortunately without a quirk it would be impossible to stay in the hero course. I tried to reason with the board but they seemed pretty set on that. I'm sorry."

Hearing that news, the girl felt her shoulders sag, the hope gone from her expression. "So where are you going to put me then?"

All Might crossed his hands in front of him before replying. "They've decided to drop you from the hero course into the support class."

The words filtered into her ears all at once, Amari feeling somewhat nauseous. Just the image of still having to attend school with her brother and yet be the weak sibling made her feel terrible. "The support class, are you kidding me? If that's the case then I'll just leave altogether. It's not worth it anymore.."

There was a small pause in the space before All Might spoke again, this time with a sense of apprehension in his voice. "Young Bakugo, even though you were not at fault for the attack, it's no secret that the villains desire your power, and the citizens are so caught up in false rumors right now that letting you walk free would be extremely dangerous.."

Not liking where this was going, Amari frowned. "What are you trying to say?"

Looking down at the floor for a moment, All Might continued. "We all believe that the safest place for you right now is at U.A. It is the most secure facility we have next to the prison. There we can monitor your power and protect you from the villains since you are unable to use your quirk now."

Amari thought about what he was saying and frowned. So their options for her were basically U.A. or a prison? Both seemed the same in one way or another honestly.

Balling her hands into a fist, Amari hissed back. "Oh cut the bullshit already, we all know what this is. They are afraid of me, aren't they? So they want to imprison me, one way or another. The school is just a cover."

Saying it so blatantly like that made the hero frown. "It's only because they don't understand the kind of person you are young Bakugo. Soon they will see that you aren't a threat, but until then, we have to quell their worries, understand?"

Amari scoffed back almost immediately. "Yeah I understand. So you're telling me that it doesn't matter if I wanna stay at the stupid school or not because I really have no choice. I have to live without my quirk and still watch everyone else succeed while I'm sidelined in the support class? Sounds like a dream."