S3 Chapter 4

The next day approached faster than expected as Amari yawned, walking out to the training course slowly. She had to admit, training with Shinso all night didn't give her much rest but in some other ways the girl was thankful for it. Resting and sleeping meant she had to think about the future, and that's one thing she certainly didn't want to dwell on.

Amari saw Todoroki a couple yards away and internally sighed, wondering how on earth she was going to tell him about her four month lifespan. She didn't even want to see the look on his face, suddenly feeling personally responsible for causing him to hurt like that. She knew she had to tell him, but still found it difficult.

Lifting a hand up to greet him, she paused when Uraraka tapped her on her shoulder, smiling slightly. "Good morning Amari. Where did you go last night? You left the room so suddenly and didn't return for a while. We were all worried."

Amari nodded her head, and began to explain her situation but leaving out the part where she was trying to train as well, knowing that Todoroki might hear about it and then grow concerned. "Oh, I'm sorry for worrying you. I was just helping Shin..."

But just as she was about to speak his name, a strong hand wrapped around her mouth, pulling her back and a couple feet. "If you would excuse me, I need to talk to Bakugo for a minute."

Uraraka seemed confused but allowed the boy to carry her away to the corner, all while she cursed at him through muffled speech. Then when she had enough, Amari stuck her tongue out and licked the inside of his palm, causing Shinso to pull away, now disgusted. "Did you just lick me?"

Spitting out the terrible taste, Amari huffed. "You wouldn't let go. What the hell in your problem Shinso?"

He then wiped his hand across his pants, getting rid of her nasty saliva and replied. "Don't tell them about the training."

Amari lifted her brow in confusion, not understanding the big deal. "What, why? Are you embarrassed?"

Shinso shook his head at that, turning his eyes away from her. "I don't want them to think I need help, especially from you. They'll start to assume things."

Thinking about his explanation, she supposed to did look bad for him to need a short, small girl's help in hand to hand combat. It should be the other way around and surely Class B would heckle him for it. She guessed she couldn't blame him for wanting to keep it a secret.

Crossing her arms across her chest, Amari smirked. "Alright fine, I'll protect your fragile little ego. Only because I know what it's like to be belittled for things you can't control."

Shinso breathed out a sigh of relief then, pointing back to Todoroki who was watching the encounter a couple steps away. "And that includes your boyfriend."

Amari's eyes widened then, immediately shaking her head. "I'm not going to lie to Shoto. He's the one person I can't do that with."

Shoving his hands in his pockets, Shinso replied smoothly. "But haven't you been doing that already, you know, when you train in secret?"

She casted her eyes to the floor then, muttering back. "That's not the same, and I never lied to him. I just withheld what I was doing."

Thinking back to her words, Amari she realized she was being a hypocrite. She hadn't necessarily lied to Todoroki but there were plenty of things she wasn't honest about, like her lifespan or training.

Amari took another small moment of silence before groaning, stomping her foot once in the process. "Fine. I'll keep your little secret, but it won't be for free. If I do this, then you have to help me with something..."