S2 Chapter 15

A couple days after the Hosu incident, Deku, Amari and Todoroki stayed in the hospital for a few more days before finally being sent home.

Since then, the boys haven't even mentioned the display they witnessed between Bakugo and his sister. Deku especially felt like he would've been killed if he mentioned the boys soft side. He wasn't brave enough for that.

Bakugo himself couldn't help thinking about the incident as well, stomping down the stairs the following morning and pouring himself a cup of orange juice.

He hadn't known Amari is entire life but even he knew that her behavior at the hospital was abnormal. Something must of really happened in Hosu to have scared her that bad. He couldn't help but still recall her shaking and terrified body underneath him.

This was why he didn't want her to be a hero in the first place. It wasn't that he had something against her, Bakugo just didn't want his sister to have to suffer because of something he caused. Her dream was just foolish.

Bakugo stopped thinking though as Amari descended the steps, putting an uncertain hand to her forehead as she flung her bag over her shoulder.

She was wearing her school uniform which immediately had him on edge. This girl literally was in a hospital bed a couple days ago. Oh hell no was she going to school. "Hey brat, what the hell do you think you're doing?"

Looking up to meet him, Amari only sighed, grabbing an apple off of the table. "Uhh going to school? What do you think I would be doing?"

To be completely honest, Amari regretted showing her brother her weak side as now it looked like he was questioning everything she did. She hated being pitied and babied more than anything.

Bakugo frowned at that, grabbing the apple out of her hand and placing it back in the bowl roughly. "Oh no you're not. You were just in a freaking hospital bed, dumbass."

Rolling her eyes, Amari only sighed, taking a step forward towards him slowly. "Katsuki, I get it if you're worried but I already told you, I'm perfectly fine. The doctor already discharged me so I'm good."

Although Bakugo wasn't too sure, suddenly watch her take a shaky step forward and stumbling a tiny bit. Hold on, there was something wrong with her. He knew it. "No you're not, come here brat."

Then before she could process it, Katsuki shoved his hand to her forehead, gasping at the heat radiating from it. It was clearly a fever. "Ah hell, I was right. You have a fever. This is what happens when you push yourself."

Amari groaned at that, shoving his hand off as he started to freak out. A fever was normal but for someone like his sister, who knows how serious it could be? And it made it even worse knowing that their parents weren't home either. "Fuck, what do I do?! Who do I call? We have to get you to the hospital, now."

He already started pushing her out the door when Amari groaned again, this time planting her feet on the floor to stop his panic. "Whoa whoa, hold on Katsuki. It's not a big deal. The doctor already said that I might get a fever from the stab wound because of my weak immune system. It's normal. Call mom if you don't believe me.

Bakugo took her advice right away, letting go of the girls arm and furiously dialing his mother's number on his phone. "Damn right I will. Don't you dare move."

After a short conversation, Bakugo's mother confirmed what Amari just said was true while also explaining that she wouldn't be home until later that night. Great, now what was he supposed to do?

Out of the corner of his eye, he then saw Amari starting to move towards the door, already putting her shoes on. What the hell was this girl thinking? He needed to stop this.